Hard looking spot on mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessie1223

Original Poster
Does anyone know what this yellow like spot is? On my daughter bearded dragon it right at the tip of her mouth. My daughter is concerned there is something wrong. It looks kind of like wax almost the scales seem a little thicker in this spot.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 107
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 104

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Does anyone know what this yellow like spot is? On my daughter bearded dragon it right at the tip of her mouth. My daughter is concerned there is something wrong. It looks kind of like wax almost the scales seem a little thicker in this spot.

View attachment 66535
Is she glass surfing a lot? What are you using for a uvb coil or tube? How is her appetite? She looks thin! Basking temps and uvb are extremely important- basking temps should be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- and they should be surface temps - no stick ons they are inaccurate

Jessie1223

Original Poster
she eats good she don’t glass surf and she’s in a about a 90 gallon her Lights and everything are good she’s only about 5 months old. Her temperature and everything is good. My daughter just noticed this today

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 89
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 90

Jessie1223

Original Poster
Is she glass surfing a lot? What are you using for a uvb coil or tube? How is her appetite? She looks thin! Basking temps and uvb are extremely important- basking temps should be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- and they should be surface temps - no stick ons they are inaccurate
she eats good she don’t glass surf and she’s in a about a 90 gallon her Lights and everything are good she’s only about 5 months old. Her temperature and everything is good. My daughter just noticed this today

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
We always go over uvb and basking temps since that is what prompts behavior issues - I see the digital thermometer in the tank are you using this for temps for basking ? If so it's only giving ambient and not actual surface basking temps-- your uvb is a long tube fixture what brand and does the fixture have a reflector in it? If it doesn't please get one also the tubes T 5 or T 8 have certain distance requirements- also your basking bulb looks like a yellowish color to it

Jessie1223

Original Poster
We always go over uvb and basking temps since that is what prompts behavior issues - I see the digital thermometer in the tank are you using this for temps for basking ? If so it's only giving ambient and not actual surface basking temps-- your uvb is a long tube fixture what brand and does the fixture have a reflector in it? If it doesn't please get one also the tubes T 5 or T 8 have certain distance requirements- also your basking bulb looks like a yellowish color to it
The bulb is white it’s color looks off in the picture not sure why. As for the brand the heat light is zoo something you get at pest smart. As the UV bulb I honestly not sure. And yes she has 3 temperature gages in her cage 1 on each side and 1 in the middle

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The bulb is white it’s color looks off in the picture not sure why. As for the brand the heat light is zoo something you get at pest smart. As the UV bulb I honestly not sure. And yes she has 3 temperature gages in her cage 1 on each side and 1 in the middle
The digital in thermometers do they have a probe on them? The digital will only give ambient- please look on the uvb bulb it will tell you brand and look for T 8 or T 5--- this is crucial for distance

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
It just looks like stuck shed to me! No need for concern, she’ll probably shed it off in a week, and if she doesn’t do a 1-2 lukewarm baths with her, gently scrub it with a toothbrush, and afterwards maybe put some coconut oil on the bit of shed. That should help get it off ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom