Hanging lights?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Would metal zip ties work better? I have both. How would you recommend hanging the basking bulb?
Yes get your uvb hung closest to your basking bulb - I have two different basking areas- one set up for middle of tank w/ temps in the 90's and uvb there- and the hotter side in the back of tank

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
Yes get your uvb hung closest to your basking bulb - I have two different basking areas- one set up for middle of tank w/ temps in the 90's and uvb there- and the hotter side in the back of tank
I thought you should have one side hot and one side cold? Wouldn’t the bulb in the middle throw that off?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok thank you
The only thing different in the tank now is the UVB was lowered down to around 12" - the big rock / hide under it was moved to the back of the tank under the plant - Blaze has impaired eye sight now and we have not figured out as to why- he doesnt climb on anything too much any more and stays on the floor of the tank - he navigates his tank but as far as climbing any more he doesnt do

Attachments

• New substrate Blaze 9-30-22.jpg
    New substrate Blaze 9-30-22.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 28

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
The only thing different in the tank now is the UVB was lowered down to around 12" - the big rock / hide under it was moved to the back of the tank under the plant - Blaze has impaired eye sight now and we have not figured out as to why- he doesnt climb on anything too much any more and stays on the floor of the tank - he navigates his tank but as far as climbing any more he doesnt do
So what lights are what? The basking lights that is

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syafiqmust
Top Bottom