Handicapped beardie *updated pictures*(20 mo later)

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thanks lacy_black. We are fortunate that we got Widget and not sure how he would have survived without someone helping him by handfeeding like I do sometimes. He can catch some crickets by himself but it is easy for him to lose sight of them with just one eye. He's doing very well though.

You might want to think about getting a different cage besides the mesh one. I've heard that it is very hard to get accurate temps with the mesh. Hammocks are great and 2 of our 4 enjoy them very much. Hope you can find a special needs dragon and one can find you.

Here's some updated pics of Widget that I took last night. He just finished his 3rd full body shed since we got him on April 29th. His colors are really getting bright.
Picture3027.jpg

Picture3007.jpg

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
omg diane,is that the same beardie?? :shock: he got so big! and just as cute as always :D laceyblack:very true about the mesh cages,if you do manage to get the temps up to where they should be for proper digestion then it does become a fire hazard.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Yes, Michele, he has gotten big.
Here's 2 more pics from last night. Notice his shedding face.
Picture3029.jpg

Picture3038.jpg

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Well, the last time we measured he/she was almost 8 inches. Will measure tomorrow night.

Thanks spartinwoman300 :wink:

oldgal

Sub-Adult Member
:shock: Wow she sure has growen and i love her markings/colors. Thanks for the new pic's .. Dixie

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thanks Oldgal. The last time we measured him, about 3 wks ago, he was almost 8 inches. Measured him tonight, and he is a little over 10 inches. Guess he must be gaining. 8)

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thanks, we were actually quite surprised at the 2 inch gain.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Here's a thread I posted in September [ Invalid URL Removed / p= t=90595 f=5 ] but thought I'd update this one to show the difference in him as he has gotten so big. If you see a little babyfood on the side of his nose, he didn't let me get it all off. After he ate, he ran around for a little while then enjoyed sitting under the tree on the fuzzy tree skirt. A few minutes after that, he did the "butt wiggle" and snuggled in. He is still sleeping there.
Picture5645.jpg

Picture5641.jpg

Picture5652.jpg

Picture5658.jpg

Picture5660.jpg

Picture5663.jpg

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Awhh look how well Widge has grown.One things for sure Widge is a beautiful happy baby.You did such a good job raising him :mrgreen:

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Omg Diane,he is gigantic!! :shock: He looks so angelic all snuggled up with the pillow :love5:
Thank you for sharing those pictures with us. So what is his length and weight?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thanks Vicky, he sure is a real sweetie. He was disappointed today though because I ran out of supers and had to supplement with chicken babyfood, but he ate it anyway. He has quite an appetite and you can see his paunchy belly in the pics.

Michele, he is 23 1/2" long but I'm not sure of his weight since his tail is so long, I don't think that is getting accounted for. I know he's over 500 grams but will have to try to weigh him again. He isn't fat really, just has a stockier build than all the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Godaxus
Top Bottom