Handicapped beardie *updated pictures*(20 mo later)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dobiegil2000

Hatchling Member
Diane,

What a difference in Widget!!!!! I love the handicapped beardies. I have a friend who rescued one and I have one with a large portion of his tail missing. Funny how you don't even notice it until others point it out. To me they are who they are. Kuddos to you and your husband.

Robin

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thanks Robin. I was just telling someone how it's amazing how different they all are regarding their personalities. Widge is indeed unique and also very special. :love5:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thanks Nancy.:wink: No, he's not undernourished by any means. :p

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
What a difference in Widge. He's gorgeous. Hugs to you for all your hard work. Happy New Year and may the coming year be wonderful for you,your family,your dragons and everyone else here at BD.org!!!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Hey Diane this is the first I've seen Widget :oops: he is very handsome. :love10:
Bless your heart for giving him a great life. :love5:

He looks great! :D

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
fresnowitte":9e574 said:
Hey Diane this is the first I've seen Widget :oops: he is very handsome. :love10:

Diane I have to agree with everything Barbara has said and on a side note maybe the fact that she hasnt seen Widge before is a sign that your slacking on those picture duties that are required of us here on the forum :wink:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Vicky I guess if I wasn't so lame and was to look at Dianes signature I'd have seen him. :oops:
But I had never read his story this was the first I heard of Dianes beautiful one eyed boy.

Sorry Diane, :oops: but Vicky is right more pic's please.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Your not at all lame Barbara :D .Besides if you did notice it then I wouldnt be able to torment Diane about more pics :wink:

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
If you can't catch the crickets and are constantly squishing them, I'd recommend a pair of 'feeder tongs'. That's what I use because I really don't like having to stick my hand in a container and blindly try to catch a hopping, crawling cricket. Bleck.

The tongs only cost about $10.00 and I got mine from PetCo. You can look into them if you like. The crickets always flail their arms when I catch them which excites Evalyn. She eats them right off of the tongs, and is careful not to bite the stainless steel.

Congrats on your new baby! I wish I could be that trusted at the pet store. But I'm only 12 and the guy at the counter is slightly creepy.... he always asks 'Whatcha gonna feed these crickets to?' even though he knows I have a dragon. And the lady who also works there and got me set up with my dragon has a lazy eye. :shock: It always scares me 'cause she has the tendency to come up from behind me and go 'How's the dragon doin'?!' *shudders*

Maybe someday I'll learn to connect with these people.... someday.... :lol:

-- Jacqui

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Diane,

That is AWESOME Widget is all grown up now. Great job with him, he looks so sweet & so happy now. He got big! :blob8:
You gave him an incredible home.

Tracie

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
sara24354":a9337 said:
What a difference in Widge. He's gorgeous. Hugs to you for all your hard work. Happy New Year and may the coming year be wonderful for you,your family,your dragons and everyone else here at BD.org!!!
Thanks Sara, he has been well worth the work. :p Happy New Year to you and your family and everyone else too.
fresnowitte":a9337 said:
Thanks Barbara, I thought you knew about Widge. It's true that I don't post pics very often, not as often as I should according to Vicky. :mrgreen: I take lots of pics but don't always download them into Photobucket so I can share them all as that is quite time consuming with 4 beardies. :oops: I will also try to keep my signature more current too.
jacqui778":a9337 said:
If you can't catch the crickets and are constantly squishing them, I'd recommend a pair of 'feeder tongs'. That's what I use because I really don't like having to stick my hand in a container and blindly try to catch a hopping, crawling cricket. Bleck.

The tongs only cost about $10.00 and I got mine from PetCo. You can look into them if you like. The crickets always flail their arms when I catch them which excites Evalyn. She eats them right off of the tongs, and is careful not to bite the stainless steel.

Congrats on your new baby! I wish I could be that trusted at the pet store. But I'm only 12 and the guy at the counter is slightly creepy.... he always asks 'Whatcha gonna feed these crickets to?' even though he knows I have a dragon. And the lady who also works there and got me set up with my dragon has a lazy eye. :shock: It always scares me 'cause she has the tendency to come up from behind me and go 'How's the dragon doin'?!' *shudders*

Maybe someday I'll learn to connect with these people.... someday.... :lol:

-- Jacqui
Jacqui, he's not a baby anymore at 21 mo old and prefers to eat the biggest supers I can find. Not interested in crickets anymore as he knows he fills up on supers quicker. He sure is sweet though.
Drache613":a9337 said:
Hello Diane,

That is AWESOME Widget is all grown up now. Great job with him, he looks so sweet & so happy now. He got big! :blob8:
You gave him an incredible home.

Tracie
Yes, Tracie, he's all grown up. :eek: He is sweet & happy and has a very laid back personality but also VERY big & heavy. I know he is happy with his home & don't think he would have survived without all the special care we've given him and to be quite honest, I can't imagine not having him with us. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom