Hand-held vac?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I keep thinking that some sort of little mini vac would be great for cleaning up the spilled food, shed, etc. in my dragon's enclosure. Has anyone else given this a try, and perhaps have a brand to recommend that is strong enough yet small enough. If not, I'll have to be a trailblazer I guess! Hoping for some input.

Gail

BD.org Addict
I use a little canister with a long hose, works great for spilled salad and shed skin. Mine is really old, well over 40 years but works fantastic. Any brand you can find with a nice long hose should work good.

bambichik39

Juvie Member
I use a small mini hang up shop vac. it was on sale for 20$ at westlake and i knew i had to have it for tank cleaning! It works great and I use it every few days

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
I use the hose on my dyson. You'd think the noise would freak them out, but they don't care. They just give me a look like "Yeah, 'bout time!"

Squints

My new dragon is still in the "relocation stress" mode, and today I fed him 2 crickets, he ate em right up.

First time I got him to eat anything substantial

Went out and got him 12 more to eat

Didn't eat any. Grabbed a shop vac and cleaned up shop.

That dragon could care-less. Was awesome.

SpencersCoolMom

Original Poster
Thanks for the input, all. I have an old hand-held vac that I am going to devote to the dragon's lair, and see how it goes. It might not be powerful enough, as it is an old one. Next, I am purchasing a steamer!

xlizen

I use a hand vacuum to clean my dragon's cage after I take out the reptile carpet. It is so easy just to suck up all the leftover food and other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bre2236
Top Bottom