Guardian Dragon: Mushu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow beardie slaves :whip: , my name Jessie. I'm 18 and have had 2 beardies. My old account was noelerhard, but I somehow manged to lock myself out. Go figure. Anyway, for those of you who don't know, I have a young (4 month?) beardie boy. His name is Mushu.
This Mushu:
Mushu_zps107eb6d8.png

NOT this Mu Shu:
mu_shu_pork_zoom_zps8071ad67.jpg

Other names include:
Twinkle Toes
Mu Shu Pork
James Leopold Abernathy IV
Drogon

This is from the other day.
received_m_mid_1407179935626_b3a37b80cfca429723_0_zps832b6438.jpeg

Mummy! It's the flashy thing again!
received_m_mid_1407179868859_32f02b3495b6fc0386_0_zps0c7d1579.jpeg

That's just a camera baby boy. (He runs from my camera.)

Sleeping after a long day of fun.
media_1407390194885-531947866_zps6554e91e.jpg

Caught in the act!! Haha!
media_1407437181799-274388557_zps88b9d0f8.jpg

Turn out the lights!!
20140807_210058_zpse865f790.jpg

Mushupork

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He attacked me!! The little brat litterally tried to bite me. I know he wasn't just scared or anyyhing becasue he knew it was me and continued to snap and me for almost five minutes! What the heack??!! Could it have anything to do with the sudden surge in head bobbing and black beard activity? Maybe it's just his age?? AJ just suggested the birds in the wall next to our bedroom, but idk I've never seen that happen before.

I had a terrible nightmare in which Mushu got out adnd ate a razor off of my art studio floor. Why does my brain hate me?

Job update! Turns out it wasn't a stolen card. The guy used his girlfriend's card and signed his name on the receipt... Ugh. I know a million people, including me, who do that. I can't stand my bosses. I got yelled at for stocking all my fraight in ONLY HALF the expected time... AHHHHHHHHH :angry5:

Morning! :D

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You got heck for doing your job better than they expected? Really? What ****** :angry5:

As for Mushu, he's a male, so who knows. I've never had that happen with any of mine, but I've been bitten badly when they thought my finger was food :lol: Hurt alot, too. Guess you just need to put him in time out for awhile, brat :mrgreen:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
LOL! I remember my old man Vash biting me at a young age! It really hurt! He was like 7 months old at the time
and bit me. Broly tries to bite me from time to time only
because I give him crickets and roaches he knows my hands
mean food at certain times so when he's done he still wants
to bite Im not sure why he's not still hungry.

Wow...sorry you got yelled at...thats a bummer you do your job and they yell. I understand if you were late...yeah but you weren't.

Mushupork

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":3kpui4nx said:
You got heck for doing your job better than they expected? Really? What ***** :angry5:

As for Mushu, he's a male, so who knows. I've never had that happen with any of mine, but I've been bitten badly when they thought my finger was food :lol: Hurt alot, too. Guess you just need to put him in time out for awhile, brat :mrgreen:

Yeah... Walmart's press thing is that they take care of their associates, but that's bologna. They take care of people who spend 18 years up managements butt. And even then it's near imposible to get any of the associate help programs (college, medical emergancy, assiciates in need). The raises they talk about are a lie. We got 50 cents only to have it taken away in our overnight differential. It's a popularity contest when it comes to promotions. I've seen our newest support manager screw around for 40 minutes talking to his girlfriend, who is an associate (conflict of interest). I don't hate my job, just my coworkers and corporate. Sorry again :oops:

As for Mushu he's never even atempted to bite me, not knowingly at least, haha.

BlueDragon09":3kpui4nx said:
LOL! I remember my old man Vash biting me at a young age! It really hurt! He was like 7 months old at the time
and bit me. Broly tries to bite me from time to time only
because I give him crickets and roaches he knows my hands
mean food at certain times so when he's done he still wants
to bite Im not sure why he's not still hungry.

Wow...sorry you got yelled at...thats a bummer you do your job and they yell. I understand if you were late...yeah but you weren't.

The only time Mushu has ever actually landed a bite, was when I absently went to pet his chin right after he ate, he was really tiny and it barely left a scratch, but it was quite startling.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
At least you enjoy your job and you won't be there forever, so that's a plus. There's always alot of politics and favouritism at any job, even in my office where I've been for 22 years. I just ignore it, do my job and go home. I've never expected anything more so it doesn't bother me at all. I just have to get through 5 1/2 yrs more and I retire with pensions, so if all goes well, I won't have to work anymore unless I want to. That's my goal now!

Nathaniel, when he was on panacur for worms, wouldn't eat, it upset it stomach, so I had to feed him roaches and supers. Got quite a few bites, he was really quick to think my fingers were bugs, but then I got smart & avoided the bites altogether, now he's eating on his own again, it's alot better. I just feed him roaches here and there and he's good about taking him. He eats his supers out of a dish, same as his greens. So that works really well now, they leave my fingers alone :mrgreen:

Mushupork

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I do enjoy it. A lot of people at work think I'm terrible at my job, but that's really not the case. When I'm covering another cashier's breaks, I still stock the craft and party departments. In most super Walmart that's all of the birthday cards and party supplies, all of the pens and school supplies, all of the craft/art section, all of the sewing and fabric, and fake flowers. It's a lot to do in 8 hours. And lately the managers have been treating me like a support manager, giving me keys and a walky/ear piece. The only way I'd ever stay is if I moved up. Manager salary is quite impressive. Favoritism is a plague. People who don't kiss butt, and have been in the same store for 15 years are treated like trash. People who have been there for 3 years and kiss far to much butt get manager in half the time as others.

As for Mushu... What do mites look like, where do there come from and how do I get rid of them. I also see some black dots on his gums and tongue, none on his teeth. I think they may just be bits of canned crickets. I buy them for back up in case I can't get to the store (No lisence). Deb, was it you who mentioned rainbowmealworms.com? I was about to buy a bearded dragon sampler pack from them, but I wanted to make sure that the bugs are good before I buy them.http://www.rainbowmealworms.net/bearded-dragon-sampler-pack/?page_context=category&faceted_search=0 Opinion

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
They're the ones I bought 3000 super worms from. Perfect count, only 10 dead and they were ordered on Wednesday and were in Canada on Friday am. Wonderful service and the owner, Gillian, is a really nice woman.

As for the pack, I'd go with it. it's got lots of different bugs.

As for the mites, you need a vet visit to find out. I've never dealt with mites but I know someone who did years ago, from having her beardie boarded when she went on vacation. I think they're tiny red bugs but I could be wrong. I don't know how to treat them either. So good luck if that's what Mushu has.

Wow, you sure do alot at work! Hope it works out for you. I know jobs are hard to find and this gives you retail experience. Hope they treat you better. We have lots of favouratism in our office, too, I just ignore it. I just need to get through 5 1/2 yrs and I retire, so can't wait for that!

Mushupork

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Look what I found on my old camera!

77789-8330472964.jpg
I have the same dish still. My foot doesn't even fit in it.

77789-190250502.jpg
77789-3369447244.jpg
77789-1373841060.jpg
77789-5703392071.jpg
Baby pictures! I miss how red he was... he's still gorgeous though. I'll post today's pictures later.

Mushupork

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :angry5:

I got my sampler pack today. It came with 12 hornworms, I was hoping they would be smaller so Hendrix could have some... Nope. The dubia were great, Mushu is in love with them. 250 superworms... all in great condition. The wax worms came and about 75 percent of them were dead.
The phoenix worms however appear to have white parasite like things moving inside them.

In the middle of writing this I received an email from the lady I spoke with. I sent pictures and she said it's part of their digestive tract, but I'm going to post them here and ask for you opinions. I haven't fed any to Hendrix .

77789-6304943715.jpg
See it?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm not sure about that, having never had phoenix worms before, but doesn't look normal, just my opinion. I'd find pics of phoneix worms on the internet to compare. But she'd better replace the wax worms, they shouldn't have died. Where did you get the pack from?

Mushupork

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I know I haven't been around much lately, but I have a very important question. I should probably know this already, but I'm not sure what Mushu's femoral pores should look like. They look slightly raised and are a pale orange-ish color. I'm not sure if that's normal or if I need to clean them. I can post a picture later, but if anyone could post a picture of clean vs. plugged I'd really appreciate it. I don't want to let them plugged, but I'm not what I'm looking for.

Mushupork

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi, to whom ever is still watching this thread... I've been gone a long time, but I've decided my fiancé is getting annoyed with all my beardie love. He loves Mushu too, but I need my fellow breadie slaves, lol.

Last time I posted I was in a rogue patch. Hard tim with money, relationship on the rocks, job driving me nuts. I'm happy to say I'm doing much better. Money is steady, me and AJ are engaged, and I'm running the front end at Walmart. All in all, I'd say life is improving.

I started a colony a couple weeks ago and have lots of nymphs already. I'm planning on breading Mushu at some point in the coming year, but I want to get a custom enclosure made first. I'll post a picture of my idea later.

As for Mushu, he's still a runt, never even broke 19 inches. I've come to terms with it, vet says he's perfectly healthy. Not sure I can take his word for it, but that's a rant for another time. Mushu is eating great and support active, managed to climb down from his hammock and fall asleep with me last night. I think he's jealous that AJ gets to share a bed and he doesn't. I'd be okay with it if AJ wasn't such a restless sleeper. He scares the crap out of my roommates cat, Dasher, though. It's hilarious.

Mushu is about two and a half years old now, and I want to breed him, but he's shown no sign of bearding or brumating, or head bobbing. Could this be because he's never met another beardie or is he just not ready?

I plan on trying to catch up, but if you want to drop an update feel free. It could take me weeks... Pics later, I promise.

Mushupork

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So as a reminder...
77789-190250502.jpg
Tiny Mushu...

77789-2474666504.jpg
Less Tiny Mushu.

77789-221973104.jpg
This morning.

She as I was finishing my last post Mushu decided to have some issues with a seminally plug... Lucky me. I manged to get it out, but not without my own battle wounds. I have super sensitive skin, so it feels like tiny little bee stings and keeps swelling, the little snot.
77789-9903204850.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom