Guardian Dragon: Mushu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow beardie slaves :whip: , my name Jessie. I'm 18 and have had 2 beardies. My old account was noelerhard, but I somehow manged to lock myself out. Go figure. Anyway, for those of you who don't know, I have a young (4 month?) beardie boy. His name is Mushu.
This Mushu:
Mushu_zps107eb6d8.png

NOT this Mu Shu:
mu_shu_pork_zoom_zps8071ad67.jpg

Other names include:
Twinkle Toes
Mu Shu Pork
James Leopold Abernathy IV
Drogon

This is from the other day.
received_m_mid_1407179935626_b3a37b80cfca429723_0_zps832b6438.jpeg

Mummy! It's the flashy thing again!
received_m_mid_1407179868859_32f02b3495b6fc0386_0_zps0c7d1579.jpeg

That's just a camera baby boy. (He runs from my camera.)

Sleeping after a long day of fun.
media_1407390194885-531947866_zps6554e91e.jpg

Caught in the act!! Haha!
media_1407437181799-274388557_zps88b9d0f8.jpg

Turn out the lights!!
20140807_210058_zpse865f790.jpg

Mushupork

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi! My internet is on again! How is everyone? I'm going to try and catch up and check out the new threads. Mushu is huge now.
77789-3694508458.jpg
77789-6633778522.jpg
77789-8471598085.jpg
77789-4040675843.jpg
77789-1541731647.jpg
77789-3033431252.jpg
77789-4275232917.jpg

I also got Madagascar Jeweled Lizard, Hendrix. My ex roommate got him and was told he was a Gecko... I told him he wasn't. A few days ago I heard from his new roommate. He hasn't touch him in a month. No food, no new bedding, no water, no UVB. He's much more active after only two days. But I can't get him to eat any crickets. I think Austin was tossing them in the tank and they were bitting him. He seems scared of them.

Apparently Hendrix is a really rare lizard, in both captivity and the wild. He's found in Malaysia mostly, by what I found. But there's such limited info. I'm worried about the little spaz. Pictures later.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
So the only info I found about this lizard is the same I found for my golden gecko Rocco. He won't eat the gecko diet on it's own, loves crickets, so I dust the crickets with the gecko diet instead.

What one person said is they eat the Repashy superfood, or you can get Pangea, and they'll eat that. They're fruit eaters and the Repashy gives them all their calcium & vit/min, too, all in one product. You can make it up for them to lick. As for crickets, if they're afraid of them, small worms work well. Do you have roaches? Or Reptiworms? Those work great for geckos. They need lots of humidity, so spray the enclosure twice a day. I wouldn't put them on sand, I just don't use any substrate for my geckos. So rocks low, then leaves along the sides so they can hide and get onto different levels. That's all I could find.

There have been some changes in my crew. Lonzo passed away of old age last November and Didi passed from something giving way in his digestive tract in Jan. I contacted a local reptile society and brought home the twins, Nathaniel and Cierra. They're so cute, I just fell in love. Nathaniel was only 15 1/2" and 218g when I got him at a year old. He's now 17 1/2" and 348g since December. I brought Cierra home (she was supposed to be a boy :lol: oh well), she was 15" long and 185g in February. She's now 16 1/2" long and 367g (she loves her roaches & Nathaniel loves supers). They've fit right in and I love them dearly.
Nathaniel loves to black beard, he's like this morning to night :lol:
11887-7513765436.jpg

Ceirra loves her piggy and is on it or beside it daily :D
11887-6566990241.jpg

Puff's doing really well, she loves the sunshine (when we get any)
11887-9928791881.jpg

Gabriel turns a pretty yellow when he's nice and relaxed
11887-9027476762.jpg

And Leo is laid back as always & is in great health now:
11887-4162707557.jpg
still has to be fed by hand, though.

So I'll be looking forward to pics of the new lizard and more of Mushu, he is so beautiful!

Mushupork

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm sorry to hear about Lonzo and Didi. I know how I felt when Rogue passed. I'm sure Nathaniel and Ceirra are wonderful beardies. I absolutely adore Nathaniel's black beard. I can't say I've ever seen anything like that on Mushu.

As for Hendrix. He decided to eat four small crickets right after I made that post. He'll only eat if I crush their heads first, but I'm happy with anything at this point. He started coming out of his bedding more yesterday. The only thing I'm worried about is his arm. It looks like he got bit or burned or something.

77789-8788121971.jpg
77789-5992842750.jpg
77789-30537542.jpg
77789-9282423239.jpg

He won't hold still long enough for me to get a picture of his arm. It seems to cause him pain.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
If you can put a drop of Polysporin (the original white cream) on it, that might help. Otherwise don't know what to suggest, he sure is a cutie!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Glad he's going to the vet to figure out what's wrong. Keep me posted. He sure has beautiful colouring. And Mushu is doing so very well!

Mushupork

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah, I'm actually very proud of Mushu. He was having a hard time early on, and I wasn't sure what I was doing wrong. I tried everything, but nothing worked. Still not sure what changed, but he's definitely catching up. He's a little over a year now.

Mushupork

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I've got pictures! These are from today's run about.
77789-2116626185.jpg
Dork kept running under the lid expecting to come out somewhere else.

77789-7875646595.jpg
77789-5347805405.jpg
Face colors! He gets brighter every she'd.

77789-729688965.jpg
My stuff... Hendrix can't have it.

77789-8350954926.jpg
Is it food?
No, it's your brother.

77789-5464235777.jpg
Looks like food to me.

77789-5736310626.jpg
77789-4382352149.jpg
77789-2640474453.jpg

These are older pics.
77789-5302489130.jpg
77789-6699428637.jpg

Me and Aj, joined the Marvel Collectors Core. We got a shirt some stuff and this.
77789-1564375488.jpg
I give you the Hulk Buster Suit.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Mushu sure is doing well, I loved all the pictures, he loves to get about, doesn't he? So fun to watch

Mushupork

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":3mr4adm5 said:
Mushu sure is doing well, I loved all the pictures, he loves to get about, doesn't he? So fun to watch

Yeah, he does. I think he forgets he needs heat sometimes. He'd run around for hours if I'd let him. Eventually he just layed down under the table and watched TV with us.

Mushupork

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
:blob5: Hello Again! :blob5:
I'm hopefully back for good. I've got a lot to do today, but I'll try and update as much as possible.

Mushu is doing great. Although I did have a really bad scare the other day. Mushu got really impacted and was having a hard time pooing, I was so scared he was going to prolapse. I felt terrible for letting him get that bad. He's alright now though.

I'm working on saving up to get him and Hendrix custom vivs. My boyfriend, AJ, agreed that when we get our taxes next year we'll both spend half on getting top notch setups for Mushu and Hendrix. We agreed that if I can save up for the majority of a new set of lights and tiling and things that I can get a baby beardie! He's not against getting another beardie, he just wants to make sure we have the money first. It'll be easier if I ever get around to starting my dubia colony. I tried once, but I never actually got the roaches as it decided to randomly drop in temperature while they were shipping.

Hendrix is doing ten million times better. I was having a hard time getting him to eat and stay out from under his bedding. I couldn't just remove all of his bedding, because I was worried that he's have a nervous break down. He tends to be jumpy and I feel like having a place to burrow is important to him. So I put a piece of thick cardboard/ wood type stuff in. It fits perfectly, I left a deeper six inch section of his tank uncovered and left the bedding in it. There's a heat mat on the tank under the bedding. He's been eating just fine and he's really active. But he falls asleep in the bath tub all the time... I mean every single time.

So I have a story of my stupidity to tell... Apparently I know nothing about self medicating severe headaches, because I managed to overdose myself on Excedrin. :banghead: What happened is when I was around 12 I had a severe outbreak of ovarian cysts, which I still have issues with to this day. My dumb doctor had me on the NSAID Naproxen as needed for three years. And I took them a lot. Just my luck it eroded my stomach lining pretty severely. I'm not supposed to take any pain medicine besides Acetaminophen. Well I bought a bottle of Excedrin after reading that it was acetaminophen and caffiene. Turns out it also had aspirin in it... Oops. Well I took the normal amount and my ears started ringing and my headache got worse, so I took more. Turns out I had overdosed and took more for the overdose headache... Yeah, smart right? Anyway, I'm alright now.

Pictures coming soon.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh my, I'm glad you're all right. Those NASAIDS are just brutal on the stomach lining, I'm supposed to take them for arthritis, instead I use Emtec, which is a codeine and tylenol mix and it works great. Make me sleepy so only at night & hardly ever. I can live with the pain, have had it so long and it's not ever severe. I'm sorry to hear that you had such a problem with your headache. My headaches are always because of a problem with my neck, so I go to a chiropractor for that & it always works. Luckily I don't get them often. So glad you feel better and now you won't do that again...

Looking forward to more pictures!

Mushupork

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I've never been that reckless with medicine, but I was in a rush and I'd had such a bad day. I had a guy almost jump across the register because I said we discontinued a product because of a lack of sales. He started saying he bought it all the time. I'm sorry, but Walmart can't keep a product because one person buys it once a month. Then a guy had a seizure on his way out of the store. I had to call a manager and then they called the ambulance. I couldn't have just informed a manager then called 911, noooo, that would make too much sense! Sorry, don't mean to ramble, it's just so frustrating.

Thank you sweetiepie, sorry I forgot your name again. I'm doing just fine now, but I feel terrible for worrying my boyfriend, boss wouldn't let him leave with me. I'm very skeptical of pain medicines now. They gave me a list of safe ones, but I'd still rather avoid them.

Pics coming in a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syafiqmust
Top Bottom