Guardian Dragon: Mushu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow beardie slaves :whip: , my name Jessie. I'm 18 and have had 2 beardies. My old account was noelerhard, but I somehow manged to lock myself out. Go figure. Anyway, for those of you who don't know, I have a young (4 month?) beardie boy. His name is Mushu.
This Mushu:
Mushu_zps107eb6d8.png

NOT this Mu Shu:
mu_shu_pork_zoom_zps8071ad67.jpg

Other names include:
Twinkle Toes
Mu Shu Pork
James Leopold Abernathy IV
Drogon

This is from the other day.
received_m_mid_1407179935626_b3a37b80cfca429723_0_zps832b6438.jpeg

Mummy! It's the flashy thing again!
received_m_mid_1407179868859_32f02b3495b6fc0386_0_zps0c7d1579.jpeg

That's just a camera baby boy. (He runs from my camera.)

Sleeping after a long day of fun.
media_1407390194885-531947866_zps6554e91e.jpg

Caught in the act!! Haha!
media_1407437181799-274388557_zps88b9d0f8.jpg

Turn out the lights!!
20140807_210058_zpse865f790.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
It was good to get an update of you all. As for Mushu, Cierra is only 18" long, Nathaniel and Gabriel are 18 1'2, and they're considered normal for adult dragons. So your Mushu really isn't a shrimp. My biggest dragon is 20 1/2" long, that's Castiel. I think I have a few new dragons, so let me introduce them.

Gabriel is almost 6 yrs old, he's the only dragon I have left from the crew I had in 2014/2015. The others passed away from different things. Dec 14 I got Nathaniel from a rescue society, he was a year old and only 15 1/2" long and 218g. He needed lots of love and food, within 6 mo old he was 18 1/2" long and he's now almost 500g. Cierra is his sister, I got her Feb/15, 15" long and 185g, she's now 18" long and borders around 460g. She's laid 3 clutches of infertile eggs so far this year, I'm hoping she's done. She's 2/1/2 yrs old, same as Nathaniel. Castiel was sent to me from Louisiana, he travelled for 2 days to get here. He's a very handsome dragon and was a gift from a friend after my Puff passed from surgery. Imp is my newest dragon. Leo passed in January from a cancerous tumour in his belly. He was 9 years old so had had a relatively long life. But I sure missed him and hated seeing an empty tank. A month later I was at the local pet shop and there was a little dragon in a tiny tank beside the till. He kept staring at me, so I took him out and he sat on my hand staring really hard at me. So I bought him at 1/2 price. He had some medical issues, wasn't eating, took him to the vet. She said he was low on calcium and Vit D3, not unusual for petshop dragons. So I made up a mix of Carnivore Care, Critical Care, butternut squash babyfood and bee pollen and fed him that for almost a month, then he started eating bugs and greens like crazy. He's now 9 mo old and 18 1/2" long and 386g. He LOVES roaches and ate everything but the adults in my two colonies. Being in Canada I have to buy underground as they're illegal up here, so have the word out and waiting for the babies to grow (and they grow slowly). So I have to hand feed him his worms as he won't eat, but I'm used to that. So that's the update here.

You'll have to post a pic of Mushu when you have time. I'm so glad you and AJ are now engaged & that your job has turned around for the better. Nothing like financial issues causing trouble.

Here are pics of my crew:
Gabriel (he has an aneurysm under his lungs, not sure how long he'll live, but we're taking it a day at a time as they can't do anything about it (I talked to my vet, another vet and a vet tech...all agreed):
11887-9169531189.jpg

This is Nathaniel with his bright colours:
11887-8279348942.jpg
11887-2936349595.jpg

This is Castiel, my GQ dragon :mrgreen: , he's just so elegant!
11887-8975856634.jpg

This is Cierra, my only female, she'd just laid her 26 eggs and was very happy to be done!
11887-5147228814.jpg

And this is my Imp (short for Impuse buy LOL):
11887-1250394145.jpg
11887-4993543420.jpg

They're all healthy but Gabriel and he doesn't look sick either. He just doesn't move around much, which is what my vet said is the best thing he can do. Anything to prevent the aneurysm to pop.

Hope you don't mind the pictures...

Mushupork

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It's good to hear someone say that :D , a friend of mine has a juvie named, Groudon, who's already at 18 inches. Being that the only other adult beardie I've seen in person (besides Rogue) it's hard to judge average.

Last time I was on was on regularly was at least 2014, so I don't think I've met the new ones yet. I'm sorry to hear you lost them. Loosing Rogue was so hard, I can't imagine it happening again. Did you get Nathaniel and Cierra from the same rescue society? It's nice that you were able to take in rescues. I think I'd be afraid that I wouldn't be able to help them... Both of mine have been pet store babies. The idea of having a living thing shipped gives the wiggins. I almost picked up the most adorable little lavender and orange pastel girl several months back, but I had no set up and couldn't afford a new one. I still regret the decision sometimes. Is it all of Canada, or just parts?

Gabriel is still very handsome despite being sick. I guess the best you can do is try to make his life as comfortable as possible, which I'm sure you've been doing all along. Nathaniel's got some great sexy leg going on there. :D Castiel's black beard is very manly :lol: Was it the last of the eggs for Ceirra or does she have another clutch coming? They're all very beautiful dragons. They look very happy :blob8:

And of course I don't mind!

Mushupork

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Pictures! Sorry I don;t have many due to a soggy camera... There were ducklings and a very deep lake involved :oops:

This morning when I got home from work. He usually sleeps under his basking spot because there's a heat mat under the tiles.
77789-281945500.jpg

Playing that new Pokemon Go game. He had fun for about 10 minutes.
77789-7641003565.jpg

Drinking. I hate how much the flash changes his colors. He really is more red than yellow.
77789-4235486519.jpg

He saw inside the dubia colony bin... keeps attacking it now.
77789-1441945862.jpg

My scratched and puffy arm after trying to remove a seminal plug.
77789-9903204850.jpg

I'll get some more later!

Mushupork

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
DuelingPokemon":16ljdqm5 said:
Mushu is such a handsome boy. :D (Darn it, I want Chinese now too.)

I'm guessing him being in a hoodie hood is a favorite perch?

Thank you! I like your username by the way. I named him after Mushu from Mulan without realizing it was a kind of food too, haha. It's funny because all of my pets are named after food.

He loves my hoodies, lol. My hands are to small, and (as you can see) he destroys my arms if I carry him any other way.

Do you have a thread I can follow?

Mushupork

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Good morning... evening... Hi. Gosh I'm tired! I work overnights so daylight confuses my sleep, :lol:

I got home, planning on playing Pokemon Go with my friends, but ended up staying home. I seem to have come down with a mid-summer cold or allergies, can't tell. Anyway, I turned on Mushu's light, only to see that he painted his tank with poo... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I pulled out the hose and disinfectant and tore his tank apart. Went to plug in the hose... Utility room for the apartments is locked. :roll: So I text the landlord asking when I can get in... Half an hour she says. This is around 8 am. 10:00 rolls around and I've decided not to wait any longer. Now it's raining. So I scrub the tank clean with a dish cloth and a mop bucket of water. :puke: That's when the maintenance guy get's there and hooks up my hose. Just in time for it to STOP raining! So I'm done now... Mushu is freezing and the cat is hiding in the shed. No idea when he got out. I dried off the stuff, fed the bugger and now I'm in bed with my laptop nursing a runny nose and a dish of chinese take out, because in all of this I forgot to go get milk for the mac and cheese. :angry5: I love life.

Sorry had to rant, feel free to ignore me. :lol:

In other, less whiny, news. I'm trying to find someone to help me come up with a design for my new tanks. I wanted to make them kind of like the ones in pet stores but with 4 ft long x 2 ft tall x 2 ft deep tanks. Or at least something similar. I want those fancy magnetic push latch doors. The ones that swing. You can't open them from the inside and they give better access. I wanted to do three of them on top of each other with hinged access areas for the lights and heating mats. I had it all drawn out and was showing it to some guys at work. My friend Chase, who can kind of build things, said it would far to difficult for me to do alone and he wasn't sure how to do it. He said something about A frames and bolted wood. He might as well have been speaking Cantonese. I have no idea if there's a place online I could go, or if someone on here could help me... Worth a try I guess. The other tanks would be for the fire skink I want and a female beardie to breed with Mushu. Sorry I don't have much about Mushu today... he's been fairly cranky all day.

Question! What is your dream lizard? If you could own anything? Mine is a northern caiman lizard. Maybe someday...

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
I just downloaded Pokemon Go yesterday as it became available in Canada.

Where are you located? You might be able to find some local suppliers for a viv. I know in my city the Reptile & Amphibian society hosts 2 yearly show and sales and vendors for vivs display there. Otherwise I've seen Kijiji ads in my city and there are places in the states you can buy tanks.

If I was getting one custom I wouldn't stick with the glass tanks like i currently have. One unit would be fantastic. I've seen people convert Ikea shelving units into a reptile apartment as well as old tv cabinets etc. I'm on PInterest if you want to look at what i've saved already to my habitat ideas.

Also, check the DIY section on the forums, there are some great resources.

I feel for you on the poo cleanup, nothing like having to scrub the crap (literally) out of the glass tanks. Mine's 60 gallon and tall so I can barely lift it myself. I use a step stool as I"m short and can't put Scaley on the floor of the tank without it. haha.

Scaley is currently brumating so I'll take cleaning her poo over not seeing her on a daily basis. Remind me I said this when I complain she pooped in my cleavage again.

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
I checked out that north caimen lizard, that's a good looking reptile.

I would like an crocodile skink. They are beyond cool.

I do! I'll dig up the link for you!

And I feel y'all on the poop situation; this is a minor reason why I mourn the growing of nanaki. His bathroom messes are small and easy to clean up! :lol:

Vivariums? I've actually ordered a full sized one from a gentleman on Etsy who owns several reptiles. If you like, I can link you his shop?

Chosen reptile? I would say one of those snow-colored or ebony colored bearded dragon. Those are gorgeous! ♡

Mushupork

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
SpacialCoogs":2tl1hhby said:
I just downloaded Pokemon Go yesterday as it became available in Canada.

Where are you located? You might be able to find some local suppliers for a viv. I know in my city the Reptile & Amphibian society hosts 2 yearly show and sales and vendors for vivs display there. Otherwise I've seen Kijiji ads in my city and there are places in the states you can buy tanks.

If I was getting one custom I wouldn't stick with the glass tanks like i currently have. One unit would be fantastic. I've seen people convert Ikea shelving units into a reptile apartment as well as old tv cabinets etc. I'm on PInterest if you want to look at what i've saved already to my habitat ideas.

Also, check the DIY section on the forums, there are some great resources.

I feel for you on the poo cleanup, nothing like having to scrub the crap (literally) out of the glass tanks. Mine's 60 gallon and tall so I can barely lift it myself. I use a step stool as I"m short and can't put Scaley on the floor of the tank without it. haha.

Scaley is currently brumating so I'll take cleaning her poo over not seeing her on a daily basis. Remind me I said this when I complain she pooped in my cleavage again.

It just make most downloaded app in all of history! Can you believe it?

I'm in the states in New York. I've been keeping an eye out for conventions and such, but new Yorkers don't do anything fun. (Says the girl going to comic con in NYC.) If you have any links feel free to post them. I appreciate the help. I don't want all glass, three sides wood preferably. I'm not very good at pintrest so how would I find you?

I'm only 5'1" so I feel your pain. That's why I'm so keen on getting a front opening tank. I hate screen lids, I have to rearrange the lights whenever I take him out.

Love the name! Do you have a thread? I hate brumating! I'd take cranky, scratchy, poo cover Mushu over no Mushu anyday.

SpacialCoogs":2tl1hhby said:
I checked out that north caimen lizard, that's a good looking reptile.

I would like an crocodile skink. They are beyond cool.

They're enormous and hard to care for though :( I had to look up yours too. That is the coolest animal ever... Can I have both?

DuelingPokemon":2tl1hhby said:
I do! I'll dig up the link for you!

And I feel y'all on the poop situation; this is a minor reason why I mourn the growing of nanaki. His bathroom messes are small and easy to clean up! :lol:

Vivariums? I've actually ordered a full sized one from a gentleman on Etsy who owns several reptiles. If you like, I can link you his shop?

Chosen reptile? I would say one of those snow-colored or ebony colored bearded dragon. Those are gorgeous! ♡

Really?! Thank you. You're lucky. I keep wet whipes and a bag next to him tank at all times. The zero beardies? They're gorgeous! Can't say I've ever seen ebony ones. Vivariums are lizard tanks right? Do I have the wrong word?

I did this all on my cell phone... Mine thumbs hurt...

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Do you have a Petco nearby? They are doing their $1/gallon tank sales right now. Good place to get what you need.

-whines- Now why did you post that? Gr......I'll have to make room for a second beardie! -flails- I'll contact them and check to see if they still have them.

And yes, Vivariums are the enclosed tanks with the open and shut doors in front. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom