Grub worms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarich

Juvie Member
Is there a particular species you are referring to? Grub is a name for the larvae stage in a lot of different beetles. Pachnoda grubs are becoming more common in the reptile trade and generally seem to be a good food source. Do you mean those or something else?

Kristyn

Original Poster
I didn't realize there were multiple types :/. From looking online I guess that they are lawn grubs?

dom02

I don't think i've heard of anyone feeding grubs, or referring to them as grubs maybe. Could you be thinking of something else maybe? Like black soldier fly larvae, reptiworms/phoenix worms.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Do they look like this?
white_grubs04.JPG

Lawn grubs are usually white grubs which are June Bug/Japanese Beetle larvae. I don't know if they would make good feeders or not, but I'd be cautious feeding any bugs from outdoors because you don't know what kind of (lawn) chemicals they have been exposed to.

CooperDragon":2pubt794 said:
Do they look like this?
white_grubs04.JPG

Lawn grubs are usually white grubs which are June Bug/Japanese Beetle larvae. I don't know if they would make good feeders or not, but I'd be cautious feeding any bugs from outdoors because you don't know what kind of (lawn) chemicals they have been exposed to.
I used to feed those to my big guy stubs! What I would do is, pick about 50 or so out of the ground, let them turn into june bugs, breed, and the feed off most of the larva that hatched. They seemed to be kind of high in fat, because after a while my dragon got fat. so they were used only as a treat after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom