Growth Stunt

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Just curious, can a growth stunted bearded dragon be cure?
Possibly but not positive--- good UVB good surface basking temps and good diet can help -- I would get a weight and a length on him / her now and watch as time goes by and see if he grows more -- how old is the dragon?

shakeroll123

Original Poster
Possibly but not positive--- good UVB good surface basking temps and good diet can help -- I would get a weight and a length on him / her now and watch as time goes by and see if he grows more -- how old is the dragon?
5 montha and currently he/she is 13 inches and the other one is about 3 months and he/she is 8 inches

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
5 montha and currently he/she is 13 inches and the other one is about 3 months and he/she is 8 inches
They are both young-- please keep them apart and in separate tanks- they should not be able to see one another -- mainly the age of 6 months--- they will stress each other out - dragons are territorial and need their own space --- make sure your using good UVB that is critical in babies for their growth ----NO coil UVB's they are inadequate --- if you need help please ask or references to good UVB's

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Those sizes are not stunted, they are a little on the small side but with proper care + food they should grow to a normal size. How much and what are you feeding them ? Any pics will be helpful, pics of the dragons and their enclosures if you can. It's always nice to see the beardies !

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I agree with Karrieree and AHBD both. At those ages with good husbandry they will be just fine. Just make sure your lights are on point, and their diets are on point.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivannam17
Top Bottom