Greens question (UK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madie

hi guys ... this might be a stupid question :oops: When it says "greens" on the pack, is it the same as "spring greens"??? I've been buying Soc spring greens but can only find greens in tesco!! Same thing? :oops:

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
I tried all sorts when I got my beardy
Id actually go for the Tesco 'Vegetable Stir Fry' bag.
It has carrots, chinese leaf, cabbage and broccoli in. Dexter loves it.
I just add the odd bit of spinach/rocket leaf in with this mix every now and again for a change.

Its great. 99p and will feed your beadie until it spoils.

Zemanski

Hatchling Member
I've been buying 'living salad' in the co op

£1 for a planter of chard, mustard greens and bak choi, lasts ages as long as you keep it watered and on a window sill

MissT

BD.org Addict
By greens do you mean the pack which isn't chopped? Or is that the 'fresh greens'???

I use Tesco 'Fresh Greens' as they have more nutrients than the pre-cut spring greens but are the same veg.

I also use one of the pre-packed salads - I think its the italian mix with Frisée (Endive), Escarole, and raddichio just to add a little variety and colour to their salads - raddichio isnt great in terms of nutrition but adds colour which seems to attract my two!!!

Madie

Original Poster
Great! Thanks guys :D i get confused sometimes as the names are always different than the american names :oops: Thanks again for the help!

carmallarm

Hatchling Member
Ethelia":9b69b said:
I tried all sorts when I got my beardy
Id actually go for the Tesco 'Vegetable Stir Fry' bag.
It has carrots, chinese leaf, cabbage and broccoli in. Dexter loves it.
I just add the odd bit of spinach/rocket leaf in with this mix every now and again for a change.

Its great. 99p and will feed your beadie until it spoils.

btw, carrots have a lot of Vitamin A (which beardies can OD on), and cabbage tends to give them the runs. I feed mine kale and chard (collard greens are excellent, too). They love edible flowers, such as nasturtiums, and I'll usually mix in some grated zucchini or summer squash. You can give them carrot, blueberries, blackberries, and other fruits, but want to keep it to 10% of their diet or less, since fruit can give them the runs. Also stay away from cabbage and lettuce (especially iceberg lettuce), since it can give them the runs, and cause them to severely dehydrate.

check out anapsid.org for tips on mixing greens for Beardies. Remember that babies need 80% protein and 20% veggies, and adults need 20% protein and 80% veggies. PM me with any specific questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom