Got a new rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks Deb and Dawn!
And Deb, I am not sure if him licking me was a good sign or not, I think he may have been taste testing me for later! :lol:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Jiffy":1lj1v5ez said:
And Deb, I am not sure if him licking me was a good sign or not, I think he may have been taste testing me for later! :lol:
That's even better! The fact that he thinks you're worthy to be eaten is far better than him licking you because he's warming up to you. Am I right or am I right?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
We always get licked by our babies, it's a sign of affection, too, well it can be. :mrgreen: So it may be, only time will tell. Hopefully your fingers are safe now, Jen, poor you. Roger got bitten good by Leo, somehow he forgot Leo was out, and put Lonzo out, well that didn't work very well & he got in the middle of them OW...needless to say Leo didn't say he was sorry. He was too busy black bearding & trying to bite Lonoz!

Good luck with Duckie; he'll come around. He's been abused and it's going to take a bit of time for him to realize he can trust you, I still think the lick is a GOOD sign :D :D

HUGS
Deb

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Goonie":33zo4tpg said:
Jiffy":33zo4tpg said:
That's even better! The fact that he thinks you're worthy to be eaten is far better than him licking you because he's warming up to you. Am I right or am I right?[/quote

Hmm, I dont know, it is possibly a good thing, but then again, he thinks roaches are worthy of eating, so I am not so sure that makes me special. :oops:

Morgan, I hope he loves me, or at least not hate me anymore. :mrgreen:

Thanks Deb. Outch poor Roger! Duckie hasnt actually bitten me yet, but not for lack of trying. I have only been bitten once by Foster, when he was a baby, I was hand feeding him veggies, and I guess I was not moving the veggie fast enough and he got me instead. It was an accident though.
I would hate to have to get in the middle of 2 beardies who did not like each other. Poor Roger, at least he was able to avoid a beardie catastrophe though.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Yep, his finger is better and he's much more careful. None of our males "like" each other, they would fight if they had a chance. They black beard and bob when one of them have time out of their tanks. With such a small place, they have no choice. It's funny, though, after a couple of hours, they just get used to each other being in the living room and they all love it when Sweetie makes an appearance on the ramp. They're all so funny, except when they're biting, but that was an accident. Won't happen again.

HUGS
Deb

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Update
I weighed the Duckster a week ago when I brought him home. He weighed 478 grams. I just weighed him today, 1 week and 1 day later, and he is 533 grams! Holy Crap! :shock:

And I think that I possibly witnessed the laziest beardie act that I have ever seen. I had put some of the bearded dragon bites with some water on them in Duckies viv. I had it probably a foot away from where he was sitting on his rock. I walked down the all, came back and caught him stretching from his basking rock trying to reach the bowl with his tongue, but he was too lazy to move to try to reach it. He kept flicking his tongue out at it, trying to reach it, then gave up.

Here are a couple of pics from this weekend
His colors are still very dark, and he still has stress marks, but he hasnt tried to bite me lately
duckie062010.jpg

duckie0620102.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Jen, told you he was getting used to you. I don't think he believed that a human could ever treat him with kindness, feed him and take care of him, it just took a bit of time for him to realize that's what you're doing :D :D Thanks for the pics, he does look like a Duckie :mrgreen: I'm glad you took him in, Jen, he looks much better. He won't stay dark & stressed for a lot longer, you'll see :D

HUGS
Deb

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Laura, he is trying to catch up with Waffles body building skills! ;)

Deb, I hope that you are right, that he does lighten up soon, and that the stress marks go away.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
55 grams in one week?! Holy crap indeed! What had you been feeding him? MiracleGro? :lol:

In another week, he'll be begging for snuggles and you won't be able to get rid of him.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I know Gina, Right?! I was shocked at how much he had gained. In fact I weighed him again a little later on to make sure that I was right, and then it was fluctuating between 533 and 534. :mrgreen: :blob5:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
WOW, he's mighty hefty. I'm sure with all the care you give him, he'll start to relax soon. At least he's stopped biting you, right? That's a huge step :D :D

Well done, Jen,
Deb

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Deg, he hasnt tried to bite anymore until today, but it was only a half hearted attempt. I went in his viv to clean his poop, and he kind of opened his mouth and moved towards me a little, but very lazily. I just kept on with what I was doing, and he just went back to what he was doing.

I was actually able to clip his nails today. They were horrible, and he was scratching me to death. He was kept on sand before I got him, and right now he is on shelf liner, so he had nothing to wear down his claws. I trimmed them just a little bit ago, with no trouble. :D :blob5:

Here is a belly picture from earlier this week.
duckie0624.jpg

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
What a belly! One would never be able to tell that he's a rescue. I mean, what rescue has plump bellies like that?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom