Got a new rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Yes, I have lost my mind.
So I saw a beardie on Craigslist that looked like it has really bad mbd. His mouth looked awful and his body looks kind of deflated. I finally talk my wonderful boyfriend into letting me get him, until I can find someone good to take him.
Went out there today. He does not look as bad as his picture. He rode on my shirt the whole way home for an hour and a half ride. He came home, had a bath, drink and poop, then ate lots. He would have ate more if I would have let him, but I didnt want to overdo it.

Here is his Craigslist pic
spikeducky.jpg

Here is once I got him home
Duckie.jpg

Duckie2.jpg

Duckie3.jpg

ArchiesFamily

Juvie Member
Jiffy, you have a heart of gold. He's so cute. Looks exactly like Scout from the back. You said he ate a lot, was it hard for him to eat?

What's his name? Does boyfriend accept this may be permanent? :D

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
He didnt act like that he had any trouble at all eating. Only problem that he had was that I stopped feeding him.
His name was Spike, but I changed it to Duckie or Duck, since his mouth looks like a Duck bill.

He is a wild man, he has been glass dancing and climbing the walls and running around.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
The man said that he is 2 years old. I dont really know for sure, but that could be right.

Oh, and I didnt answer the question about Butch thinking it might be permanent. I promised him that I would look for a home for him, but it would have to be a good home. I think he thinks it might happen, that he may stay here.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I like the yellow I saw around his mouth. Goldie (aka Speedy Gonzales) has some golden/yellow coloring, even her 'stress' marks come up golden when she's been outside. Our girls both love outside.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Besides his mouth, he looks healthy. I'm so glad you took him in, don't think Duckie had alot of love in his previous home. Now he'll know what real love is :D Do you want to know why he's glass dancing? "Cause he wants some cuddles, that's why! How are your 3 boys handling the new "intruder?" Keep us posted!
Pringles, anyone? :mrgreen:

HUGS
Deb

Momto3boys

Sub-Adult Member
Awww Jiffy :love5: he is in the best home ever!

It's awesome that you opened up your heart to him.....and I love his name, Duckie :p Definately suits him!

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks Lori, Deb and Brandy.

Deb, the boys havent really noticed him so far. And he had had cuddles already, he isnt really into cuddles yet, unless he is already sleepy. And he does not like you to mess with his feet, makes him mad. He has already eaten like a pig again today, and pooped for me. He is a cutie. And sometimes when he is sleepy, and his little mouth is open and his eyes are closed and he looks like he is in a daze, it reminds me of me when I have taken Benadryl. Makes me dopey and sleep with my mouth open like a big old goof!

ArchiesFamily

Juvie Member
Jiffy":3md5q7cm said:
And sometimes when he is sleepy, and his little mouth is open and his eyes are closed and he looks like he is in a daze, it reminds me of me when I have taken Benadryl. Makes me dopey and sleep with my mouth open like a big old goof!

:laughhard:

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
ArchiesFamily":wmeklbwv said:
I love how he's cuddled up in his blanket. I bet his little tongue gets so dried out.

Yeah, he looks all sweet and cuddled up there, laying on a blanket on my chest, of course that is before the little brat tried to bite me multiple times tonight. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom