girl dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
are girls diffrent than boys are? i have what i think is a girl. ive had her for 9 months and she is small and she hides from me every time i walk in the room.she wont eat and im worried about her what am i doing wrong with her?

myzeak

Hatchling Member
well i am new on here but probably everyone is going to ask what are the temps on the warm side, cool side, basking spot. what tipe of UVB/A are you useing what type of substait are you using and what type of basking bulb are you useing what size cage do you have.

Alot of people say that heating is a cause along with the UVB/A (there fav light is the Reptisun 10.00 tube)
the basking should be around 105f

Hop you dragon is doing better

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Do you handle your pooper everyday? Anyways lets go over your set up to make sure everything is proper first so if you can answer these questions that would help.

How old is your dragon?
How long have you had your dragon?
How long is your dragon?
What is the sex of your dragon?
What size enclosure do you have your dragon in?
What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank?
Do you use UVB lights?
If so, Is it a coil, compact, fluorescent tube, or Mercury Vapor bulb?
What is the brand name and number of your bulb? Wattage (if MVB)?
How old is your UVB bulb?
How close can your dragon get to the UVB?
Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage?
What are the basking temps?
What is the cool side temp?
Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun?
Where exactly are you taking your basking temps?
Do you use a heat rock or heat pad?
What do you feed your dragon? Please be specific.
How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)?
Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc?
Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? How many days a week do you use each of them?
Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)?
Do you bath your dragon? How often?
Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath?
Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon?
Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done?

cindyaguilarx3

Original Poster
i think every thing is good besides the vet her hot spot is 105 the cool side is 85, shes in a 40 gallon breeder tank,her substrate is half sand and half carpet she get baths once or twice a week. she has her repti sun and a 60 watt light buld for heat but she is by the window and gets good heat(in arizona the sun is shining right now)i feed her collards kale romaine crickets worms but shes not intrestedoh the only thing she will eat is baby food that ive made her lick off her nose(somethin at least).her poops are not what they should be but she pooped this morning in her bath. shes pretty active though running around in her tank. she might have to go to tha vet. should i be doing any thing diffrent since shes a girl? she is my first girl ive two males one is 4 years old no problems with him, her brother who i got at the same time is fine hes growing, pooping eats like a pig and there is a big diffrence in there size.my poor girl and she hides from me all the time i walk by the room as if she thinks im going to hurt her someone help

myzeak

Hatchling Member
cindyaguilarx3":4511a said:
i think every thing is good besides the vet her hot spot is 105 the cool side is 85, shes in a 40 gallon breeder tank,her substrate is half sand and half carpet she get baths once or twice a week. she has her repti sun and a 60 watt light buld for heat but she is by the window and gets good heat(in arizona the sun is shining right now)i feed her collards kale romaine crickets worms but shes not intrestedoh the only thing she will eat is baby food that ive made her lick off her nose(somethin at least).her poops are not what they should be but she pooped this morning in her bath. shes pretty active though running around in her tank. she might have to go to tha vet. should i be doing any thing diffrent since shes a girl? she is my first girl ive two males one is 4 years old no problems with him, her brother who i got at the same time is fine hes growing, pooping eats like a pig and there is a big diffrence in there size.my poor girl and she hides from me all the time i walk by the room as if she thinks im going to hurt her someone help
Re they in the same tank? is so it might be a dominince issue but prolly a good idea to go to the vet to make sure she is fine

cindyaguilarx3

Original Poster
no not in the same tank,when i first got em yes they were but people on here said to take em apart and i did she been on her own since. taco my big guy would have eatten them along time ago

LilahFaye

her substrate is half sand and half carpet

Do you feed her in the same tank? If so, she may have ingested some of the sand while eating some of her food. If your girl has ingested too much sand over the time that you have had her, then she may have impaction. Also, what kind of thermometer are you using to measure her temps? If it is a stick-on thermometer, the reading can sometimes be off by up to 20 degrees. It's good to have a wire & probe thermometer (I have both the stick on and the probe. My stick-on thermometers can sometimes be up to 15 degrees off at times.)

You also said that you feed her romaine lettuce. Romaine lettuce, if fed in large amounts, can cause diarrhea or can make the beardie sick. This is because romaine lettuce (and any other kinds of lettuce) have little nutritional value.

Keep us posted ^_^

cindyaguilarx3

Original Poster
the sand i put in last week so thats new shes been on carpet the whole time. i do have a thermometer with the probe on it.

LilahFaye

If she isn't eating much, you might want to consider getting her Insectivore/Carnivore Repta-Aid. If you are not familiar with it, it is a powder supplement that is added with water in a syringe to feed your lizard. It's a bit like force-feeding :( But, if it's the only way to get nutrients into her system, I would have to recommend it. I had used some of it when my beardie first came home, because he had been extremely stressed with the relocation process. Here is a link from where I got it from: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=6016+10442+18471&pcatid=18471

If you don't think your girl can hold on until the items are shipped to you, try finding some kind of stimulant on your own. Try giving her some kind of fruit that she might find yummy, or some squash (my lizard goes crazy for his butternut squash!)

As for her being afraid of you, all I can suggest is try and get her more used to you. If you don't already hold her, try picking her up a few times a day. Whenever you hold her, offer her something that she likes (Like maybe a cricket!) Eventually, she will realize you are not an enemy, and you just want to help her. It took a little while for my beardie to get used to me and his new surroundings, and the only way for him not to be afraid of me or his new home, was for him to face his fears (Aka, me take him out of his tank and show him around the house :D)

Hope I helped a little,

Amber31190

Hatchling Member
Sand is really bad and if does start to eat and eats some sand. She could get impacted. So I would get the sand out as quick as possiable. And stick with carpet or get tile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom