Getting to Know Merlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we have had Merlin sense Friday and she seem to be settling in well. She does prefer to be out and about rather than in her cage.
full

Well I got to be out for a bit.
full

I'm just taking a nap.

AmandaR

Original Poster
Well we may have a small problem. Now that she knows I have roaches she will not eat the Phoenix Worms. I don't know if it is that the roaches move around more and she can chase them or what is going on.

On a side note she is working up to a full shed so that's good. Though she is a little cranky.

I will be ordering her roaches in 500 quantities. I have also ordered the adults for me to start a colony of my own with.

Whitenerj

Wow never heard of a beardie who likes Dubia over worms. Most find worms a real treat. My little girl is being a butt lately too. She has been hissing and running from me. Today she hissed at me and I stuck a Dubia in her open mouth. Lol.

AmandaR

Original Poster
Yeah, I just some how managed to get the weird one. LOL. I got her from Petsmart. Maybe she is just tired of worms? They were feeding her meal worms at the store.

My little girl loves to be handled. If I would let her she would spend all day out side her tank.

AmandaR

Original Poster
Well I would have to gess that yesterday was her just being odd. Now she is back to doing her little dance when the worms come out. I can't wait to get her a terrarium that opens from the front.

Whitenerj

That's awesome. I finally figured out how to pet Roxy without her hissing and running. If I move really slow towards her from the side inch by inch, I can stroke her back and she just sits there and takes it. when I pet her head she closes her eyes like she is loving it. Lol.

AmandaR

Original Poster
Well she is back to not wanting to eat her worms but I did manage to get her to eat a couple but I think she is sulking.

Whitenerj

Roxy made me happy today. She ate Dubias from my hand!!! We are making progress.

Hope your little one eats soon. Is she eating Dubias?

AmandaR

Original Poster
Yeah she is still eating the roaches. This morning she ate the worms just fine. We did a weigh in this morning and she is now at 20 grams. So she is growing. When I got her she was at 14 grams.

AmandaR

Original Poster
I have just come to the conclusion that she is just not a big fan of worms. She is a odd one that is for sure. But I love here anyway. LOL. She is growing well and eating roaches like a horse. I don't know where she puts them all.

I weighed her a gain and she has gained 2 grams. Is this a normal rate of growth?

Whitenerj

Roxy pooped on me when I took her out and laid her on my lap. She is still nervous and I guess she let me know. Ugh!!! But she did pose for a great pic with her new blankie.

87715-5857654735.jpg

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
Ha! Scaley was on my chest and let a good old poop right down my cleavage. I've also had it on my lap, back and legs.

It's a good thing they're so cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom