Getting to Know Merlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we have had Merlin sense Friday and she seem to be settling in well. She does prefer to be out and about rather than in her cage.
full

Well I got to be out for a bit.
full

I'm just taking a nap.

Whitenerj

Awwww sweet nap position. I just got my Roxy yesterday and she is settling in just fine. I bought a little boy from a breeder nearby and he wouldn't eat so I returned him and got this girl. She eats like a pig. Enjoy your little one.

AmandaR

Original Poster
Oh I will. She did have a tantrum last night when I went out with some friends. I think that we are bonding very well.

AmandaR

Original Poster
Hello,
Here is a pic of Merlin's setup right now. I do have a different hide coming and reptile carpet as well. Though I don't think I will be using it right off as she seems to be a pretty messy eater.

full

Any suggestions??

Whitenerj

Have you measured your basking temp on the hammock? Make sure it's between 105-115 degrees. I really recommend a rock or wood for basking since it holds heat better. Also I wouldn't bother with the carpet, it will harbor parasites and other nasties if she poops on it. I recommend leaving the newspaper down and moving to tile eventually.

AmandaR

Original Poster
Hello,
That is what my basking temp is. I just moved my UV light down into the tank, it was sitting on top. I do have a quick question. Should I give her a bath every day or what is the best schedule?

AmandaR

Original Poster
Yeah I'm going to return the carpet and will be putting tile in when she gets bigger. I know that she is eating like a horse. She really like her acorn squash and green peppers. I also have moved her UV lamp down into the tank. She is way more active and alert now. I also took her out side for the first time yesterday and she really likes it.

AmandaR

Original Poster
Well the Phoenix Worms are a big success. She even did a little dance when I was getting them out for her. She is also a daily poper. She is such a fun little dragon. Right now she weighs in a 15 grams and is about 7 inches long.

AmandaR

Original Poster
Well we got our first shipment of roaches today. Merlin loves them. So I guess we will be feeding those and Phoenix Worms. I really didn't want to deal with crickets. I am thinking about getting some horn worms also for treats and maybe some super worms..

Whitenerj

Let him get a little bigger before offering super and horn worms. Too big for him right now. Stick with Phoenix worms for now. Glad he enjoyed the Dubias.

Whitenerj

That's a good deal but you will go through 100 in a couple days. Better to get like 1000. I started a colony and I'm breeding my own. Cheaper in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom