Fred and Jackies Thread**Remodeled Tank Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beezer25

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
You can really see the difference in their size now, I need about $50 to get the UVB and they will both have their own homes.
I'm also thinking about trying to build them something like a cave, I don't know yet.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Good luck with the application for work. I have a feeling that when Jackie's in her own place, she'll start eating well again. They're at the age that they're more aware of each other. Babies get along mostly, but juvies are a different thing altogether. So I'll hope you get some work soon so you can get that light & separate them. I know how hard it is to raise the funds needed for 2 set ups & we have 5 set ups. But it's all worth the $ when you see how happy your dragons are!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh, and for the babyfood I think you'll need an oral syringe like we use, then there's no biting. Lonzo's bitten me a couple of times, thinking my fingertip was a raspberry. Ouch, so I know how they can bite by accident. So yes, oral syringe is the way to go. You don't want to be bitten again!

Beezer25

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Both Fred and Jackie have been in such great moods recently. Is gotten really hot here in Toronto and the rain is finally gone, so I can go outside with them. When I let them out in my room, Jackie has been roaming around much more than she usually does. Usually it's a few minutes then she finds a place to sleep. Fred has always run around lots but he's been in an even better mood. :D

Beezer25

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
6d9aa13d.jpg

In this picture I have them on my balcony, I made a little place out of cardboard so they can be outside with me.
You can't see it very well in this picture, but Jackie is getting ready for a full back shed.
Fred is just going to shed his back right foot.
It is so nice here I'm trying to get them outside every chance I get.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Lucky dragons, the more sun the better. It's better than UVB bulbs or tubes & as long as they can get in the shade to cool down, they'll love it (as you can see in the pic). I try to get ours out on the balcony, too, but it still needs to be spring cleaned so they can roam. Then I have to time each for 1/2 hr so they rotate, so they won't be jealous and all get some sun!
Our weather's been the pits, not more then 3 days in a row with sunshine, otherwise, warm, muggy & overcast & rain. YUK!

But on the good side, Vancouver Canucks won the first game in the hockey finals. I was at work when the game ended & there was alot of hooting on the buses & trains! First time we've been this close to winning in 17 years. And I don't even follow hockey, but my family does.

Beezer25

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":16nzman4 said:
But on the good side, Vancouver Canucks won the first game in the hockey finals. I was at work when the game ended & there was alot of hooting on the buses & trains! First time we've been this close to winning in 17 years. And I don't even follow hockey, but my family does.

I watched that game! It was so exciting, and they scored with 20 seconds left! It was a great game. :D

Beezer25

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I measured Fred and Jackie today

Fred- 13"

Jackie- 11"

I don't have a scale so unfortunately I don't know how much they weigh.
And here is some new pics.

Fred basking outside
e34ab42b.jpg

Here's Jackie
91d9fd64.jpg

Fred playing hide and seek
38c9fbd6.jpg

And both together
0ee92f3e.jpg

Beezer25

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Got some more pictures!
Fred gets his love of sports from me!
1f876ace.jpg

Jackie is trying to catch Fred in the growth race
27145a87.jpg

I'll have more soon. :wink:

Beezer25

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
All this time I thought I had a male and a female, but I was very wrong!
I went to the store today and decided to bring my Newly found girls with me to buy them dinner. I asked one of the guys there to take a look so I can be doubly sure.
Now I have two girls.
Here 'she' is in all 'her' glory
596b7401.jpg

It feels so weird to call her a she, I kind of liked having a male lol.
7f4b4a29.jpg

I guess I'll have to give her a new name, I'd be pretty mad if I were a girl named Fred.

Beezer25

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well I finally got enough money to get the new UVB and when I went down to the store, one of the employees showed me this bulb that gives off heat and all the stuff the UVB bulbs do.
I thought I should check on here before I spend $70 on the light if it's not worth it.
Should I buy it or just go with the separate UVB and heat lamp?

Beezer25

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Wow I haven't updated this thread in awhile.
I just bought a new tank and put Fred in it. I'm only using newspapers for substrate until I finish with the tiles.
Well here is Fred's new tank
b2e187c3.jpg

This is Jackie's
3ef5fb70.jpg

This is Fred exploring his new home
dc060be0.jpg

885fa5c7.jpg

Jackie basking after a big dinner of crickets and silkworms
98f788b9.jpg

72251ce9.jpg

I couldn't get a decent picture of their faces, I don't think they felt like having their pictures taken. :D

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Isn't it funny when you find out you have a girl instead of a boy. We thought Sweetie was a boy for 2 years until she laid an egg in her tank one morning, well that sorted it out pretty well. I've figured out how to sex dragons, even young, so no more mistakes with that. We have 4 boys & Sweetie's our only girl now. Your two will do really well now that they have their own tanks. Jackie's appetite will expand now that she doesn't have Fred sitting on her (that's a sign of dominance, not that they're getting along). We learned as well that getting separate tanks was very important. And being able to get them out in the sunshine is wonderful, it's the best UVB for them, so glad you're getting sun. We're sunny today, but Vancouver hasn't been getting much good weather. So hoping to get them all out in the sun soon.

Is the UVB light called a mercury vapour light? I know they're expensive, I use Power Suns in all of our tanks. The only thing I find is in the summer the tanks gets very hot, because you can't turn the basking light off if it's all in one, but I also find the UVB stronger than the 10.0 & I get a good price for them. I just replaced all of ours as a couple were getting close to the year mark & they're all doing well. So good on you! The pics are all wonderful, they look really healthy & they'll both fatten up more now that they have their own space. I'm glad you're using newspaper, that's what I use & also marine carpeting (their nails don't hook on marine carpeting). Only the beardies that poop in the water get the carpeting. The others are on newspaper, too. It's alot easier to clean up until you get the tile in, which is also easy to clean up.
Deb

Beezer25

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for all the great advice, it'll come in handy. :D
They still look hesitant walking around their tanks but it's way easier to make sure they all get their fill of food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom