Franklin: No MOAR Sand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzyviper

Hatchling Member
NeosMom":26iko15r said:
ROTFLOL Ummmm... Don't crochet much, huh Randy? :wink: You do realize it's like an old lady hobby? Generally speaking, people who crochet and knit don't tend to be reptile people. I'd say more like baking apple cobbler and having an old poodle kinda people. I mean, there are exceptions to every rule - like me! But the best I can really hope for is to find the general concept and make something up myself. The night I tried that, it was about 8:00 and I worked for two hours to get it done. Since then been working and spending all my extra time building the viv.

I promise not to give up. I will draw something up and turn it into a pattern. If it comes out well, I will post it on here so everyone can see what I can do with my sad old lady hobby. :lol:

The online crochet community is mostly young people that I've seen. Old ladies are the ones usually making the really hideous stuff no one would ever wear or want. ;) Check out the handmade scene at places like Etsy, there are tons of really cool items and patterns for young people out there. I actually crochet my dragon a little hammock and he LOVES it. I used acrylic yarn so I can just handwash and let it air dry if he poops on it. It has more "give" to it than the plastic mesh and he can snuggle into it and snooze. I think it's more that reptile people are not big knit or crochet people, honestly. The hobby does tend to be dominated by men and most men aren't big on "girly" crafts. :wink:

NeosMom

Juvie Member
Yeah. I actually do know that a lot of the crowd is younger. There's a website I'm not going to mention on here. It's an adult site and punk rock oriented. A number of the girls on there are into knitting. Really found that tidbit to be fascinating.

However, in the real world... Almost without fail when people see me crocheting, the immediate response is "isn't that an old lady hobby". It's gotten to be such a common thing and I've heard it so many times that I just crack jokes about it anymore. Kind of a pre-emptive strike. KWIM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom