Franklin: No MOAR Sand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
He has been given a brand new cut to fit repti carpet in green, which he promptly pooped on, and upon clean-up I noticed how awesome it was. Although in hindsight I should have gotten the material myself from like Home Depot or something, this will work! He also got:
- A COLLAR WITH A BELL!!! (Anyone wanting to bell their beardies? I got a Ferret collar? It shrinks down just about right, but boy does he hate wearing it, he drags on the floor and tries to get it off like a dog! it's Beardie-LARIOUS!) :lol:
- A purple iguana harness/leash thingy! He REALLY doesn't like being tethered to stuff, but again he doesn't even really love me, so he's just going to have to put up with it!! :angry5:
- TWO! Count them 2! Reptile hammocks of different shapes to play around on!! They won't work in his home right now because it's plastic, and I need to adapt the material with something other than a suction cup. After that, though it's gonna be sweet!!
- A VET APP Tomorrow!!! Hooray!! I got some poo in a baggie and I'm ready to rock!!
-A new bulb coming soon!! Mine's about 6.5 months now and i think it needs a change. It's one of those mercury vapor ones with a 1yr warranty 100w UVB/UVA powersun or whatever? I always get it mixed up, but it's the correct one lol. Anyway I have receipt or whatever should I just take the bulb back in to where I bought it from? and try and get them to swap it out for me or what? Anyone know what that's all about? The shopkeeper at my store is a great lady who sort of indicated something like that but it's been so long I can't remember!! Anyway Any feedback on THIS will be helpful!!

I'll post some pics later have to go get some food now! Poor Franklin is being a brat about his sand though, keeps trying to burrow in the carpet, and he's all stripey which I've come to interpret as stress marks, so I'm sure he's not happy about me making him adjust and thwarting his escape attempts!

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
YAY! Franklin is probably looking like a stud with his fancy collar and leash :wink: If there's any female beardies within a mile of Franklin, I'm sure they'll be scratching on Franklin's door :D

I want to take my two to the vet soon but I'm going to have to wait a little. I'm super glad he's going to get checked out, though!

Yay a new bulb! Franklin will be looking handsome under his new light bulb :D

Oh just a tip, I have a melamine viv and my reptihammock can't suction to it. So I bought some regular white command hooks with the adhesive strips you put on the back and MAGIC OCCURRED, and now my reptihammock is hanging sturdy in Fiz's viv! The command hooks work awesome, and they'll stick to plastic too! You should pick up a few of those from the store and Frank will have his new hammocks up & ready to go!

Oh yeah & no more sand! Yay! Repticarpet is awesome!

Let us know how Franklin does at the vet tomorrow!

NeosMom

Juvie Member
Way to go!! I'm so glad to hear about all Franklin's new goodies! Just let him try to hide now! :twisted:

Can't wait to see the pics!

Sly

Hatchling Member
Congrats to franklin! Hope he gets used to the carpet and collar soon:) goodluck on the vet visit!

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
update:

He HATES the collar. He goes absolutely MAD when I put it on him, and I haven't been able to sit down and take a picture of him because he wont sit still!! I'll get around to taking some pictures at the vet this afternoon though :)

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
I'm looking forward to seeing the vet pictures!

Aw, poor Franklin with the collar. He's probably like, "Get. This. Off. Of. Me. Before. I. Eat. You".

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
PumpkinJelly":18udh3a5 said:
I'm looking forward to seeing the vet pictures!

Aw, poor Franklin with the collar. He's probably like, "Get. This. Off. Of. Me. Before. I. Eat. You".

it's super cute but he sorta thinks it's like shed, so he "swims" along the floor trying to rub his neck against the ground, but he does it like a spaz!! Just freaking out swimming along. It's cute but it's sad too

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
LOL! I can picture that! That would be very cute!

Whenever Fiz is eating greens and one sticks to his lip or something he'll dip his head down and quickly rub his cheek on the ground to get the leaf off. LOL. But when there's a cricket leg hanging out of his mouth, he likes it there. He NEVER rubs that off! hahah!

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Vet report came back fine except for a few worms which aren't too prominent!!
He's at a nice 406 grams and gonna start his meds tomorrow!

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
As promised a few cute pictures of franklin!

IMAG0283.jpg

IMAG0282.jpg

IMAG0281.jpg

IMAG0284.jpg

IMAG0288.jpg

IMAG0287.jpg

IMAG0286.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom