Frankie doesnt like baths?

CassiTheNerd420

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frankie
He seems so stressed every time I bathe him (3x a week) hes either frozen or tries jumping out of the tub ive had him for a week and a half now he’s about a year old and ik his old owner didnt bathe him idk what to do
The bath temps are between 90 and 100 and the bath has been cleaned thoroughly with reptile safe cleaner
140DD139-8ACA-41BC-827C-53548A6DF006.jpeg

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
he's going through location stress, so give it some time before you start bathing him. they really don't need to bathe often anyway. it can dry their scales out and cause other problems. we usually give a couple a month unless we have poop messes that need cleaning.

CassiTheNerd420

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frankie
he's going through location stress, so give it some time before you start bathing him. they really don't need to bathe often anyway. it can dry their scales out and cause other problems. we usually give a couple a month unless we have poop messes that need cleaning.
Sounds good I'll stop, although I was reading that it can be good for them especially to help pooping

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
it can if pooping is an issue. but right now him being in new surroundings it is doing more harm than good.

a lot of times people think bathing helps with hydration. but the only way that helps is if they actually drink from the bath. they do not absorb water through their skin or vent.

CassiTheNerd420

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frankie
it can if pooping is an issue. but right now him being in new surroundings it is doing more harm than good.

a lot of times people think bathing helps with hydration. but the only way that helps is if they actually drink from the bath. they do not absorb water through their skin or vent.
Actually good to know, most of the research I've done only says it "can be good for pooping and hydration" no specifics, Thanks :)

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom