Foot bleeding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozzieaah

I have some pictures, pretty much I don’t know what’s happening or what I should do. I gave him a bath and a lot of skin on his foot came off. Does anyone know what’s happening?
106919-3965586275.jpg
106919-3728613570.jpg
106919-3057634272.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Some one else can help w/ the foot but your dragon looks thin--- what are you feeding him and how much are you feeding
Karrie

ozzieaah

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2i5rr8pw said:
Some one else can help w/ the foot but your dragon looks thin--- what are you feeding him and how much are you feeding
Karrie
We’ve tried crickets, dubia roaches, and now we’re feeding him black soldier fly larvae. He didn’t want the crickets, and won’t eat many roaches or larvae at at time. We attempt to feed him about 3 times a day, we have the lights on from 10 am - 12 am. He will eat maybe 3 roaches at a time and 5 larvae at a time. We also mix in mustard collard greens but he barely touches it. We put both calcium and multivitamin on all of it. We don’t know what else to try for him we don’t know why he’s not eating like he should.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so let's start w/ the lighting-- what are you using for a UVB? Tube or coil? What are your basking temps and how are you taking them? What do his poops look like ? Are they runny and do they stink bad enough to drive you from the room
Karrie

ozzieaah

Original Poster
KarrieRee":ch3ng7t7 said:
Ok so let's start w/ the lighting-- what are you using for a UVB? Tube or coil? What are your basking temps and how are you taking them? What do his poops look like ? Are they runny and do they stink bad enough to drive you from the room
Karrie
For UVB we’ve been using a coil. We’ve been looking into changing it to a tube though. Basking temps are about 100, using Zoo Med digital thermometer. Poops are not runny nor do they stink that bad. He’s been pooping solidly and regularly.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Coil is bad especially if it's the 13 watt-- if that's what your using this is why your dragon is not eating-- I recommend you get this a 24" fixture w/ a reflector no home Depot fixtures they have no reflectors- a Reptisun 10 T 5 or a T 8-- they are the best on market--- you need to get this ASAP- your dragon is getting NO UVB w/ that coil-- and he's starving
Karrie

ozzieaah

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3j3fji8b said:
Coil is bad especially if it's the 13 watt-- if that's what your using this is why your dragon is not eating-- I recommend you get this a 24" fixture w/ a reflector no home Depot fixtures they have no reflectors- a Reptisun 10 T 5 or a T 8-- they are the best on market--- you need to get this ASAP- your dragon is getting NO UVB w/ that coil-- and he's starving
Karrie
I’ll head out and get it today, thank you!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Please tell us what you get so we can help w/ proper placement of UVB
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes it will work --- that is a T 8 --- place the fixture in the tank approx 8-10 inches from his basking spot --- you can hang w/ long plastic zip ties -- 3M velcro fasteners --- fishing line--- picture wire hangers--- shoe laces------- make sure there is NO COVER over the bulb if there is one take it off--- and that bulb will need to be replaced in 6 months so make sure you mark your calendar of when you installed it --------- the foot issue AHBD or Brandon or Tracie will haft to help w/ that --
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom