Finn, Venus and Jupiter: New beardie baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spyro is my first bearded dragon and I brought him home on the 27th. He came from an individual that was not giving him the proper care: No uvb, feeding mealworms, sand, UTH instead of basking light, etc. They had been misinformed by a pet store employee (big surprise there). I wanted to start this thread so I and everyone else can watch Spyro as he grows.

About me: My name is Lindsey, I am 25 years old. I have a 6 year old daughter with Angelman Syndrome and she a happy little girl that teaches me something new everyday. I have a 4 year old boy named Garrett that shares my love of animals and he loves Spyro as much as I do. I have 3 dogs: Remington(Remi) is a 1 1/2 year old boxer, Tucker is my shihtzu mix, and the mighty Kujo, a toy poodle weighing in a 4.5 lbs. I also have 3 leopard geckos: Venus, Loki, and Thor. I am attending school full time to become a surgical tech. My life is chaotic, but that's the way I like it.

Now back to Spyro, this is the day I brought him home( I am sure a lot of you have seen these pics in the intro section, sorry I will have new ones up soon) :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tj7nq20v9w6su94/2012-12-27 16.40.01.jpg

His new home:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m94hjux9v2621v0/2012-12-28 20.31.56.jpg

A couple of him just being cute:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hnrb0e1uzzj09y2/2012-12-28 10.18.35.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fenofusv6z8hmwz/2012-12-28 14.03.38.jpg

I will update every once in a while with new pictures. When I got him he was in shed.... and still is. I am getting impatient to see this guy brighten up!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'll bet, it's great to have a dragon that eats! Cierra went through another 100 or so crickets this am, then she ate a few worms, then she ate her greens a couple of hours later. It works great for me on cricket morning (every 2nd or 3rd morning), as I just remove everything from her tank, dump the crickets in, then carry on with other chores for about 20 min. I keep crickets in a cricket keeper than has 4 tubes, well today she ate the crickets in 3 tube :shock: So I'm getting another 500 crickets on Saturday. She is a bottomless pit, I've never had a dragon like her :love5:

I know that Thorn was sending you positive thought waves when you saw him in the pet shop, too :D That's why you chose him, right time, right beardie :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I actually didn't get him from a pet store but from an individual that didn't want him anymore but either way it was a win for me! He is up to 117grams, he eats close to 100 crickets or roaches a day, it's crazy. Everyone else is doing well also. Venus and Finn are enjoying roaches and Jupiter is growing like a weed.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I didn't realize you got him from someone who didn't want him, well their loss & your gain!

I'm so glad he's eating so well, he's just getting so big!

How's your little Buffy doing with her new pack?

So my sweet Cierra has gained over 75g in 3 weeks and she just cleaned me out of the rest of the worms I had. Luckily I ordered 500 more and will have them soon. And that was after over 70 crickets this am. She just eats and eats and eats, I've never seen anything like it.

Nathaniel was nice enough to poop in his food dish, with roaches and worms in the dish. Suffice it to say they had to be thrown out :banghead: He's such a brat! Luckily I had more roaches and put them in his sterilized dish this am, hoping he won't do that again!

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Well everyone is doing well here, haven't got to update in a while but everyone is doing well. Finn is in full blown spring fever, bobbing at everything.... :roll: , Thorn is growing all the time, he eats at least 100 roaches or crickets a day and is now 154 grams. He is getting ready to shed his body and I can't wait to see the colors underneath. Venus has been active and has enjoyed eating roaches again, and Jupiter is growing by the day and eats everything in her path.

Buffy is doing well, the other dogs don't mind her too much but holy cow, I forgot what it's like to have a puppy and how much work it is.

The weather has started to get nice here so I have been doing some of my workouts outside at the parks with walking paths and I have been taking the puppy with me.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Yes, I can well imagine how much work a puppy is, but she's so cute. Glad you're getting her out for long walks, reduce some energy!

Glad Thorn is doing so well, he's eating like a champ, wish Cierra would start eating again. She's gone from 100 crickets/worms a day to 3 crickets maybe and about 4 worms. She's not losing weight and did a body shed already, her tummy is always bright white, so she's happy. And she does eat her greens for the most part...oh well, hopefully that works soon.

Gabriel & especially Nathaniel are in Spring Fever, too, it's fun to watch them with their bobbing, stomping, black beards and just being nutso :lol:

Puff is doing well, will be getting the spaying organized for July, have an extra biwkly pay so will have the funds, maybe even June, will see how that works. The earlier the better as far as I'm concerned!

Leo goes in on April 10 for his annual blood tests, he's not interested in spring fever, just in the dragon in the glass in his tank :mrgreen: That's the only time I see him with a black beard.

I'm off today, so snuggle time! Glad all is well with you and yours.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Well I haven't updated in a bit but I have been on here a few times. I have had a lot going on, I had surgery and am still recovering. I went back to work yesterday and I am taking it easy the rest of the weekend. I had to have a lumpectomy for a lump I found in my breast, it turned out to be benign, and I also decided to get a tummy tuck since I was already having surgery. So yeah on to the scaly ones:

Finn has been doing great and bobbing at everything he sees lol. Thorn is getting huge and just broke over 200 grams. Venus is good as usual, and Jupiter is growing and doing well also. The new pup is also doing well!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm so glad to hear the lump was benign, what a time you've had, it's scary to find a lump. And a tummy tuck, good stuff!

Glad to hear the babies are all doing well. Wow, Thorn is over 200g? Wow again, he sure is growing fast! Bet Finn isn't impressed with this growth, either :lol: Glad to hear your new puppy is doing well, too.

Puff is going in to be spayed on May 14, if all goes well and she doesn't lay another clutch. She's just finished her 5th clutch since September, more than 100 infertile eggs in all, and my vet and I decided this was just not good for her health, her being 8 yrs old. So I'm very worried but it will be good to have it done. I'll have a week off work to stay with her and care for her, by the time I go back to work she should be on the mend.

But I got great news about Leo, his blood test came back all perfect, except his protein was low. That's because I hardly had him eating any protein in the last few months, to get him to lose 90g, as he was 610g in the fall and he's only 18" long, way too much weight for a dragon that was almost into Fatty Liver Disease the previous fall. So now he can eat roaches again, but only 20 a week, rest all greens and his favourite, red pepper but that's only twice a week. So that was so great to hear!

Cierra and Nathaniel are doing really well, Cierra is now 348g and has grown 1 1/2" to 16 1/2". Nathaniel is still a horn dog, he still spends all day black bearding, even having a shed on his face doesn't stop him. He's developed a love for small supers & he's now up to 324 & he's 17 1/2". Considering they both came to me just 15" long and Nathaniel was 218g and Cierra was 185g, they've done remarkably well. It's nice to have young ones in the house again.

I'm also in touch with my son & family more often, spent alot of time with them on Mar 14, haven't seen them since but call my son every 2 weeks or so for an update. He's just exhausted. Safara likes to wake up at 2a (she's 6 mo old now) to play and wakes up the whole household. Meanwhile, Eric has to leave for work at 5:30a, so he's very sleep deprived. Remember those days? Oh well, she'll hopefully grow out of it soon.

So take care, glad to hear you're recovered well enough to get to back to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom