Finn, Venus and Jupiter: New beardie baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spyro is my first bearded dragon and I brought him home on the 27th. He came from an individual that was not giving him the proper care: No uvb, feeding mealworms, sand, UTH instead of basking light, etc. They had been misinformed by a pet store employee (big surprise there). I wanted to start this thread so I and everyone else can watch Spyro as he grows.

About me: My name is Lindsey, I am 25 years old. I have a 6 year old daughter with Angelman Syndrome and she a happy little girl that teaches me something new everyday. I have a 4 year old boy named Garrett that shares my love of animals and he loves Spyro as much as I do. I have 3 dogs: Remington(Remi) is a 1 1/2 year old boxer, Tucker is my shihtzu mix, and the mighty Kujo, a toy poodle weighing in a 4.5 lbs. I also have 3 leopard geckos: Venus, Loki, and Thor. I am attending school full time to become a surgical tech. My life is chaotic, but that's the way I like it.

Now back to Spyro, this is the day I brought him home( I am sure a lot of you have seen these pics in the intro section, sorry I will have new ones up soon) :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tj7nq20v9w6su94/2012-12-27 16.40.01.jpg

His new home:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m94hjux9v2621v0/2012-12-28 20.31.56.jpg

A couple of him just being cute:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hnrb0e1uzzj09y2/2012-12-28 10.18.35.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fenofusv6z8hmwz/2012-12-28 14.03.38.jpg

I will update every once in a while with new pictures. When I got him he was in shed.... and still is. I am getting impatient to see this guy brighten up!

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I am carefully considering it, this one is younger and has been handled. I am looking into it, they just don't have the proper housing and all, I guess they don't feed it bugs regularly. I got a couple of pics, doesn't look to be in horrible condition but I really need to think about taking on this.

You can see there is a lot of poop but they don't look bad like there is parasites

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Well I think I have came to a decision. If I get my tax money back before Saturday, I will go and get him/her. Even though I will get the tank and everything, I will still have to buy slate tile, a reptisun, and a fixture, not to mention the gas to drive the hour and a half to pick him up. So we will see, if not then it wasn't meant to be.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
I hope, he isn't sick but you're right he doesn't seem to be like there is anything wrong with him/her. Ooh handled I'd go for that, still learning my boy. Not as flinchy as he used to be when I pet his back. Need to order worms he doesn't wanna eat a lot of crix and my bugs are still growing (too small). It's too cold and not even sure they'll make it alive.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
BlueDragon09":3cimfhue said:
I hope, he isn't sick but you're right he doesn't seem to be like there is anything wrong with him/her. Ooh handled I'd go for that, still learning my boy. Not as flinchy as he used to be when I pet his back. Need to order worms he doesn't wanna eat a lot of crix and my bugs are still growing (too small). It's too cold and not even sure they'll make it alive.
Glad your guy is doing well and he will get used to you soon enough, it took Finn a couple months before he was really comfortable with me handling him.

Esther19":3cimfhue said:
Sounds good, Lindz. That's exactly the decision I would make. :wink:
Esther, I have a nasty habit of jumping into things and then getting overwelmed, but I think it will be ok.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Thank you Liz! That's just the reassurance I needed to not give up. Just worried about stress and those coccidia levels going up even trying to handle him. I don't want them going out of control because I keep trying.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Esther19":1fr7mnx2 said:
I wonder if the owners would meet you halfway. He looks like a sweetie.
Yes he does. I was planning on asking if they would meet me somewhere in the middle that way it wouldn't be such a drive for me.

Well I worked the overnight shift last night and stayed into the day shift because they were so short handed today. We got 8-10 inches of snow so we had 20+ call ins. So I came home and slept for about 4 hours then the kids came home and now even though I am so tired, I cannot sleep. So I deep cleaned Finn's tank, took out all the tile and scrubbed them down with the pink stuff and then baked them at 200F, also did that with his log hide, and basking branch and soaked his hammock in the pink stuff. I cleaned it about a week ago but it needed a good deep down clean. He was funny today, him and my boxer had a face off for dominance and needless to say, Finn rules the roost around here. He charged the glass and sent my pup tail tucked across the room, I died laughing.

I braved the snow to go get crickets for Jupiter because s/he is a little piggy and eats about 15 medium crickets a day, but is not ready for larges. S/he has almost doubled in size, I'll have to get some new pics up. Venus is grumpy as always

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Well I think that I have decided to change the new puppy's name from Buffy to Raven and she will come home March 2nd :)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
OMG that is so funny about Finn and your boxer :lol: So Finn is THE BOSS :mrgreen: I'm still laughing.

I'll be interested to find out if you bring that little beardie home, looks like he needs better care, for sure.

And Raven is a very pretty name. Mar 2 is coming up fast, you're going to have your hands full!

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Yes Deb, Finn is definitely the boss! And I'm crazy because I am going to pick up the new beardie tomorrow afternoon. In the mean time, here are some pictures!
I have no idea how he is comfortable, I moved him and he ended up back like this so I left him! He loves his baby blanket though!

Jupiter is growing so fast! S/he shed again today!

And this is a rare sight! Venus being out and social! Look at that tongue!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Glad to see them all, Finn looks funny the way he's positioned, gotta wonder how that can possibly be comfortable?

So you're getting another beardie, can't wait to see pictures! You're getting up there, another 3 beardies and you'll have as many reptiles as I do :mrgreen:

I can't wait to see pictures of Raven in her new home, too. So much excitement at your place :D

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Yep, I will be going this afternoon to pick the new addition today, I ordered a reptisun 10.0 and it got here yesterday and I will go pick up some tile this morning and I ordered some roaches yesterday to get a colony up and running, also ordered some hornworms, silkworms and butterworms so I would say that I will be good for a bit. Not to mention I have about 100 crickets left.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm so anxious to see your new baby at home & comfy. I need to get something different for Castiel, he ate crickets on Tuesday and just a few mini supers since then. Won't touch crickets and I bought 500! I'll try him again tomorrow. He's pooping fine but getting fecal and check up at the vet today. Not sure if it's just relocation stress for him, but he's so tiny, he needs food. Yesterday I fed him 5 mls of the carnivore care mix I make up for Puff, he loved it.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
He may just be going through some relocation stress. I hope he starts putting a dent in those crickets. I'll be looking for results of the fecal test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold3231
Top Bottom