Finally reached 300 grams!

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
1693003351244.jpeg

6 months and he’s getting so big!
1693003386547.jpeg

His urates went back to normal and he’s perfectly healthy!

He is 306 grams to be exact and roughly 19.5 inches from nose to tail tip.

I can sense he’ll be a big one

jabda

Hatchling Member
You sure he's only 6 months?
Did a breeder or pet store give age when bought.
12 month old BD is 16" - 22"
If that's correct you're going to have to build a 8foot x 4foot tank by the time he reaches adult plus buy a feeder farm. L.O.L.
I have a 4 month that's only 12" 115 grams
1693005426852.jpg

1693005744542.jpeg

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
You sure he's only 6 months?
Did a breeder or pet store give age when bought.
12 month old BD is 16" - 22"
If that's correct you're going to have to build a 8foot x 4foot tank by the time he reaches adult plus buy a feeder farm. L.O.L.
I have a 4 month that's only 12" 115 grams
View attachment 83319
View attachment 83320
I’m certain of his age, we went over the exact hatch date when we got him 3 months ago. He hatched January 12th of 2023, so, as of today he is 6 1/2 months old

I already keep my crickets in a 35-40ish gallon aquarium. They are gut loaded daily with calcium dusted oats, collard greens, kale, bell pepper, sweet potato, squash and dandelions. I buy around 100-200 at a time

I have tried and failed several times to breed my feeders, I’m very new to that subject so I guarantee it won’t end well. I mean, I have a self sustaining isopod colony but they are very low maintenance

He is certainly big for his age, but, he’s always been that way. At age 4 months he was 14 inches and 116 grams. At age 5 months he was 17.5 inches and 200 grams

Overall, I expect him to get much larger in the near future.

Last edited:

jabda

Hatchling Member
Try Dubia Roaches... easy to breed, Don't stink, live long. Con: takes about 4 month to reach a good size to feed.
He's going to be a Komodo Dragon if he keeps growing.
Were you able to get pictures of the parents?
My male is 2 years old all most 24" and 680 grams and I consider him big.
My older female is 22 months 21" 420 grams

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Try Dubia Roaches... easy to breed, Don't stink, live long. Con: takes about 4 month to reach a good size to feed.
He's going to be a Komodo Dragon if he keeps growing.
Were you able to get pictures of the parents?
My male is 2 years old all most 24" and 680 grams and I consider him big.
My older female is 22 months 21" 420 grams
Hi 👋

Unfortunately, as I live in Canada the dubia roaches aren’t an option, as much as I’d love them to. I’ve asked around about discoid roaches but I haven’t been able to find anywhere that sells them alive.

I also can not access the pictures on his parents as I purchased him from a very trustworthy store that specializes in herpetology. They get their stock from a breeder but I don’t know which.

I’m looking forward to seeing him grow ❤️ My previous beardie only grew up to 17” (from the reptile shop) and my first was around 12” (purchased from Petsmart) so I’m looking forward to a larger dragon this time!

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
Hi 👋

Unfortunately, as I live in Canada the dubia roaches aren’t an option, as much as I’d love them to. I’ve asked around about discoid roaches but I haven’t been able to find anywhere that sells them alive.

I also can not access the pictures on his parents as I purchased him from a very trustworthy store that specializes in herpetology. They get their stock from a breeder but I don’t know which.

I’m looking forward to seeing him grow ❤️ My previous beardie only grew up to 17” (from the reptile shop) and my first was around 12” (purchased from Petsmart) so I’m looking forward to a larger dragon this time!
Yes Dubias in Canada aren't an option. But you can get some waxworms or hornworms.

My beardie was from Petco and she's turning two and is only 16" and 290 G 🥲🥲😢😢 I hate when PetSmart or Petco don't treat their animals right. Next time when I get a beardie I'm gonna get them from a breeder. But I still love my beardie :)

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I have a male that is 24 inches and well over 1000 grams. He'll be 5 years old in December.
My first female was even larger.
She passed at two but it wasn't health related, a house guest hurt her somehow and she passed. They can get fairly large. Zen was 19 to 20 inches at 6 to 7 months old at 500ish grams. Your guy may reach sizes like that also.

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
I have a male that is 24 inches and well over 1000 grams. He'll be 5 years old in December.
My first female was even larger.
She passed at two but it wasn't health related, a house guest hurt her somehow and she passed. They can get fairly large. Zen was 19 to 20 inches at 6 to 7 months old at 500ish grams. Your guy may reach sizes like that also.
It’s truly amazing how beardies can thrive like this in captivity

jabda

Hatchling Member
My BD's........... citrus named Banana
Need one more to complete collection... ZERO

Attachments

• citrus.jpg
    citrus.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 54
  • fat Albert.jpg
    fat Albert.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 54
  • JETHRO.jpg
    JETHRO.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 55
  • CHEETO.jpg
    CHEETO.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 56

jabda

Hatchling Member
YEP!!! He's fire engine Red. ATM he's going thru shedding. Breeder says he'll get brighter with each shed. All (3) were bought from the same breeder locally.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Holy- the second one is the most red dragon I’ve ever seen! That’s crazy
I was thinking the same thing, at first i thought there was a red light above him.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom