Original Poster
Pictures!!!

This was xmas day

263.jpg

Bath time today

240.jpg

You can see his fat pads are risen and his eyes are nice and high too

239.jpg

He's well enough to be scared of the camera!

232.jpg

This was xmas eve - here you can see his fat pads are depleated

DSC00240.jpg

He's doing fine today - I think his belly must be really sore though, because every time I go to pick him up he'll twist sideways so it's difficult for me to get him. I'm trying to use the t'shirt he's sat on to move him around as much as possible. Another poo today, this one was a little one though. He had 3ml of A/D yesterday, but only 1.5ml today. He's not taking the panacur any more, he needs to be tested again in 14 days.

How long do you think i should give him the lactulose for? I think he's still having a bit of trouble, and the worms will still be coming out, won't they?

Still no dioralyte - Another shop didn't have any, and the chemists weren't open today! Typical.

But as you can see from the pictures he's looking better everyday - He's not interested in food, but he'll take the A/D from me just fine.

He's being a little more active - he's swimming a little in his baths, and he's walking around his viv a little bit more.

Yay :blob5:

Nikki :)

K9KidsLove

Sub-Adult Member
Hi...Glad to see Figet is doing better. You can also offer him some babyfood chicken and some green beans or squash.
You can also get a can of 100% pumpkin...in the pie fillings section...which is high in fiber, so helps to flush worms out. Offer about a teaspoon. My guys all love it. I give it to them every 3 or 4 months. You can freeze the left-overs to use later. Might be easier to fill each section of an ice cube tray. After it freezes, dump them into a baggie so you only thaw what you need.

Good luck
Patsy

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Nikki,

Wow, his fatpads do look much better now. I think you can continue the lactulose for awhile longer if he is still having some trouble. Yes, the worms will continue to flush out, even after a panacur treatment.
That is ok if he eats a little more on some days than other days.
Fidget is looking good now, much more alert. :blob5:
Keep us posted!
Great job!

Tracie

nikkicostello89

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I just want to say thank you to everyone who has helped and wished him well.

And a special BIG thank you to Tracie and Sandi. Without you two I don't think I could've managed!

He is much better, and managing to get a black beard and a mouth open at me when I go to give him his medicine!

I'll keep letting you know how he's getting on. I've got to take a poo sample to the vets in about a week. Ollie's also got to have his retested in January - hopefully we'll have no more treatment!!!

Nikki

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Nikki,

GREAT to hear that Figet is doing so much better now! :blob8:
What a naughty lizard for blackbearding you like that! I guess he is smiling for the camera huh?
Keep us posted on him, & if you need anything you know where we are.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom