Figet's at the vets...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreshany

Hatchling Member
Hi Nikki
Sounds like your little guy is doing a bit better :blob5: Great news. I know Perry took a nose dive when he went on antibiotics but after the treatment he recovered really well. Have faith yours will too :D Do you have unflavored gatorade where you are? I know that works pretty good also. I think you are doing everything you can be at this point, just a matter of getting him through the meds. I wish him a speedy recovery!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Nikki,

So if Figet doing better now?
The dioralyte can be given in the same manner as pedialyte, daily. I would dilute it somewhat & not given it straight just to dilute the sugars down. The subcutaneous liquids did well for him? How many cc's were given to him by the vet?
His eyes are raised now? He must have been really dehydrated. Has he gone to the bathroom yet? It will take a few doses of the lactulose to start working on him.
How is his appetite doing now? Is his beard still dark or is it back to normal yet?

I hope he is doing better. Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

nikkicostello89

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Drache613":71409 said:
Hello Nikki,

So if Figet doing better now?
Yes he appears to be doing better...he is a bit more alert, still not back to normal, but I'm not expecting that yet.
The dioralyte can be given in the same manner as pedialyte, daily. I would dilute it somewhat & not given it straight just to dilute the sugars down.
It says to dilute one sachet of powder in 200ml, so should I double it?
The subcutaneous liquids did well for him? How many cc's were given to him by the vet?
I don't know, but he had two large lumps where he put it in. :( Bless him!
His eyes are raised now? He must have been really dehydrated.
His eyes are slightly more raised now, there is a definate bulge, where before there wasn't hardly anything, yes I know he must have been severly dehydrated.
Has he gone to the bathroom yet? It will take a few doses of the lactulose to start working on him.
He went earlier - it was really runny, I think they must've given him lactulose at the vet when he stayed overnight, because it looked like oil to me!
How is his appetite doing now?
He doesn't want to eat, but isn't spitting that Hill's A/D stuff out - i'm meant to be giving 3cc a day, divided into 3 servings, is this ok or too much?
Is his beard still dark or is it back to normal yet?
Amazingly, it was never dark! Which is why i'm optimistic about him, he certainly knows how to black beard, so I presume he can't be that uncomfortable???
I hope he is doing better. Keep us posted on him.
I will do, and thank you for all your help!
Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Nikki,

How much is in a sachet of the dioralyte? That is ALOT of fluids. You could really make only a quarter of the mix, to 50ml. You don't want it to go bad.
Great his beard is not black right now. He will take a little while to feel better.
WOW he must have given him a decent amount of fluids in order for them to have bumps underneath his skin. At least it helped him. It sounds like he was really dehydrated though. The bridge above the eyes are a huge indicator of hydration & fat stores.
It will take some time for the stools to become firmer while he is on the lactulose. It will cause the stools to look oily, yes.
He can have roughly 1cc per 100 grams of bodyweight. That sounds ok what you are giving him. How much does he weigh?

I hope they are doing better soon!

Tracie

nikkicostello89

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hi Tracie,

He weighs 122g. He's had 2 more poos today, one like water and one like mushed up food, soft but not runny.

Ok so i'll mix the dioralyte 1/4 of a packet to 50 mls of water - that is the strength they say for children - this is ok for Fidget?

So for the A/D he should be only having 1cc per day?

Thank you :D

Nikki

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Nikki,

How is Fidget doing today?
That sounds fine. How much water to dioralyte ratio are you doing?
That is great he has gone to the bathroom a couple of times now. Well, at 122 grams, I would say he could really safely have up to 2cc's daily. Just divide that into a few little feedings, then add the water & dioralyte mixture to give more fluids & that should fill him up.
Let me know how he is doing.

Tracie

nikkicostello89

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Drache613":a114f said:
Hello Nikki,

How is Fidget doing today?
He's a bit more active today, I think he must be feeling REALLY sensitive as whenever I go to touch him he sort of slants sideways so that i can't get underneath him and beards a little! poor little tyke
That sounds fine. How much water to dioralyte ratio are you doing?
I haven't started this yet, as i wanted to make sure that i wasn't going to overdo it, i was thinking maybe 1/4 of a packet to 100ml of water? and then try to get 1ml into him a day?
That is great he has gone to the bathroom a couple of times now.
No bathroom today though!
Well, at 122 grams, I would say he could really safely have up to 2cc's daily. Just divide that into a few little feedings, then add the water & dioralyte mixture to give more fluids & that should fill him up.
I have been dividing it up big time, i've been giving him 0.2ml every half hour - hour.
Let me know how he is doing.
Actually, his fat pads on his head are really depleated today, they were fine yesterday, but then his eyes have sunken down a bit more today as well...more baths i guess, i've been giving him 2 a day, sometimes 3, and he licks the water, so he's drinking some that way. Anything else i can be doing?

Tracie

Thanks for all your help Tracie, I really appreciate it, and Fidget does too!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Nikki,

Poor Fidget. His fatpads are depleted again?
Well, maybe he is not getting enough food. Go ahead & increase his food, if he will comfortably take that much. You can go to 3cc's, maybe 4, divided up into 3 times per day, followed with .5 to 1 cc of water & dioralyte.
I would stick with the 1/4th packet to 50 mls, & give .5 to 1 cc of water/dioralyte mix to him. He must need electrolytes as well. We have got to get his pads elevated as soon as possible, or you will have to get some subcutaneous fluids into him.
He has not gone to the bathroom yet today?
Is his beard darkened?
Let's get Fidget better!!

Tracie

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
The vet told me to give Cam 3 cc's of her slurry every day (she weighs 238g), but I've been giving 4-5 instead. As much as she'll eat comfortably. I agree with Tracie, if he's underweight then it won't hurt to give him a little extra.

nikkicostello89

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hi guys!!

We had no poo yesterday (xmas day) but we've had a BIG one today!! :blob5:

He's been taking his meds and food well, so i'll increase his food, he had a BIG drink in the bath today, and i mixed in some avipro plus (probiotic powder) in with it, so he got some of that, and his fat pads have risen a bit again!

Going to give him some dioralye later with his next meal!

Thanks for all you help Tracie and Sandi!!

Looks like he's getting better :blob8: He's now at the front of his cage glass dancing!! :D

Nikki

nikkicostello89

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Woo hoo!!!! :D :D :D

I'll let you know how he gets on tomorrow (we're still getting up 5 times through the night to check on him :oops: )

nikkicostello89

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I'm going to try to get a picture up today of how well he's looking now! :D It really is brilliant - I wasn't able to get some dioralye today, so i'll have to look elsewhere tomorrow.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Nikki,

GREAT NEWS!! :blob8: :blob5:
So how is Fidget today, looking good I hope! It sounds like he is doing much better then. Great to hear he went to the bathroom, too. His fatpads are rising up too, that is super.
Keep us posted.

Tracie

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I sure hope and pray that Fidget gets better. When they get this sick it's very scary. I prefer to hear how they get better and fully recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom