feeding dubias

Status
Not open for further replies.

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
We personally purchase a dubia feeder from http://www.beardeddragon.co but if you search the topic in Feeders Forum I know I saw a step by step guide there to help you out. If I come across it first, I'll send you the link :)

Edited to add: THIS is in "Feeders" duh, sorry. This link
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=188335 has given me the best information on how to keep our colony growing. We're not fully self sufficient yet but we're getting there. Yes, it's a long post but if you take the time to read it...you will find what others have done and what works/doesn't work...

Good luck!

icelore

Juvie Member
I feed mine high quality dog food, whole grains (breads, cereals, steel cut oats, dry pasta, etc) and leftover dragon salad and kitchen veggie scraps. That's the same thing I feed my crickets too.

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
I feed mine the same veggies my beardie eats as well as left over fruit like apple cores, loose grapes, mango rind, stuff like that. Also feed em Repashy bug burger(dry) which they love and cricket chow, chicken mash and fish flakes. I usually leave the veggies in there for 2 days if it survives that long but fruit is removed after 1 day so I don't get fruit flies. That's also assuming the fruit lasts that long.

unkempt1

Juvie Member
mece":5yuxa2gf said:
What do you feed your dubias

The short and simple answer is.. everything!

But I guess your real question is... If I want the strongest colony, what should I really feed them? Is that right? If so, read on... :D

The best thing to do is give them a balanced diet of good protein with plant and fruit matter. In my house that means dog food and scraps from our meals. :lol: They will cut through corn cobs and potato skins like butter. Whole carrots, oranges, and mango pits are great offerings.

If you do those things, you have nothing to worry about, as long as you keep the heat up. :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom