NightRaysMoon

Original Poster
Kazoku for the two years he's been alive does something strange around November, December, and a bit of January. He'll refuse to eat once the cold winter days have taken hold of our city, however that's where that detail ends. Kaz is still as alert and active as any other season, maybe vibing, sitting around a little more but definitely not significant change. There isn't anything saying varying behavioural types for each individual during brumation. All sources mom and I looked at usually said something along the lines of not to bother or pick up the brumating beardie. Kaz gives us a certain look if we haven't handled him in 5-7 days, lonely eyes or the stink eye.
His eating has nothing to do with sperm plugs so we can rule that part out. We keep all the same lighting and heating setup with the same day/night cycle year round. His clutch hatched on Christmas eve back in 2020 so maybe he has some weird affinity to the winter. I usually fall asleep with him at night in my bed, I don't toss and turn in my sleep so it is safe. Unlike Dio during the winter, Kazoku does not wander away from my warmth that often.
I am looking for some kind of suggestion to his behaviour; is it brumation or is he just absolutely strange?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I guess it's just his way of dealing with the change that he senses. Does he lose any weight ? There's no problem with handling him because he's not sleeping and still active.
I'll warn you about letting him sleep in your bed, one member here was devastated when they woke to find their beardie had been smothered during the night. It's a fact that we don't know what we are doing when we sleep.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom