Fake Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.

ub003

Hi, only a quick question please to anyone in the UK who's made there own fake rock background... Where can I get Non Toxic Acrylic Matt Paint from? I know its a silly question, but i've got no idea where to get the pain from?

B&Q, Homebase ect these places should have it if not travis perkins or any builders merchant. sorry if you've tried these places and you were lookin for a better reply. i live in cardiff and was wondering if which repti pet shop you use if you also live here?
matt

ub003

Original Poster
Alrite Matt, na im not in Cardiff mate, im down in Pembrokeshire. Theres only one real reptile shop in the town, but it doesn't do anything like paints. I did try homebase and Wickes, couldn't see any non-toxic stuff though. Mite try B&Q though. I'll have to take a trip to Carmarthen for that tho (30 miles)! Have you made your own backgrounds before? If you did, where did you get your paints from?

Cheers
Guy

im in the process of doin it now, not sure what im goin to use yet. i think standard acrylic paint is fine, because your going to seal it anyway so it shouldnt matter. dont quote me on this tho as im still a noob!
matt

ub003

Original Poster
Ye I guess so. In that case 1 more question, where can I get the Water Based Polycrylic Satin Sealer from??? lol. Try the same places is it? (Homebase, b &q ) etc?

Cheers for your help

yeah thas your best option or is you have a small painting and decorator supliers near you then that would be a good bet.
good luck and make sure you post up your finished product!!!
matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom