exo terra repti glo or zoo med reptisun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jess

Extreme Poster
Get the ReptiSun. They are much better quality than the Glos, and I guarantee you will have a very happy and healthy dragon with it. :wink:

1beardie

Hatchling Member
I can sum it up in one sentence "You get what you pay for!!" Definitely get the repti-sun 10.0!!!!

terracolson

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So I called zoo med to ask if they felt I needed a 5.0 or a 10.0. They said 5.0 since there is no screen and its 8 inches from her basking spot.
Thoughts?

Jess

Extreme Poster
Get a 10.0. You can get by with a 5.0, but keep in mind that the UVB output diminishes over time: So, after 6 months a 10.0 will have the intensity of a 5.0, and a 5.0 would have the intensity of a 2.0... Which wouldn't be nearly enough UVB for a beardie.

FBradshaw

Juvie Member
As you can see the general consensus of this forum is for the Repti-Sun, I personally use the Repti-Glo bulbs in 4 enclosures and have very happy and healthy dragons. Either one should do you fine, but definitely get the 10.0. The 5.0 bulbs are for tropical species that spend most of their time under a tree canopy which blocks a lot of the natural UVB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mysticsalten
Top Bottom