exo-terra excavation clay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serrameth

is this stuff safe for my beardie? i got a bag of it and am not sure if i should put it in yet..she is about 16inch now..maybe 7mo? unsure on her age..

Serrameth

Original Poster
no one has any info on this? i dont really see any posts..maybe im blind could someone direct me if there are any other posts on this please..

I am interested as well, although my baby is only about 6" long at the moment, this stuff looks like they would love it. Digging around making tunnels, etc...has anybody used it for mature juveniles? It is what I would like to use for little YeYe when he/she gets older.

h2simms

Juvie Member
Idk, but you would think that it packs together easy that I might impact a beardie very easily, but I may be wrong. I was going to use it in a lay box for my females, but it's not worth the risk.

Okiemavis

It's basically like clay, and it sets very hard. They can't really *tunnel* in it, you're actually meant to pre-mold the tunnels before you use it. It's soft enough that something like a uromastyx or a skink might very slowly carve out a cave, I don't really see a beardie with the attention span or work ethic to use it. Then again, I have a very lazy adult, so you might disagree. Very safe for beardies cuz there's nothing loose to eat by accident, but HARD to clean, cuz it'll absorb yuck and you can't scoop it out. Also, pretty expensive if you're looking to do a whole tank in it. In order to have good tunnels it would need to be quite deep, which means those bags don't go far. It's definitely cool stuff, but I was much more excited by the concept than the actual product.

I get what you're saying about digging though, my beardie dug himself a hole under a little rock ledge to sleep in the first night I got him. Now I keep him on tile (keeps the nails filed!) but he's got a sand box for digging, cuz I just couldn't take that joy away from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom