If I should put in a lay box

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello, I’m wondering if someone can help me determine if I should put in a laybox quite yet. She was previously gravid and laid eggs 4 weeks ago. I’m unsure if she is gravid now. I was going to wait until she dug to put one in. I wanted to wait because she didn’t want to use a normal lay box. And would only use a big bag that took up most of her tank, and was very messy. It also made it difficult to give her food. Yesterday, she dug right where she went to sleep. She has done this before when she was not gravid. She normally lays down and scratches and wiggles in the spot. She Dosent always dig, but I’ve seen it before. Basically it is just the addition of leg kicking then what she normally does. She will scratch and scootch all around. This Time she intensely scratched at the wall and backed up, and did what she normally does. I’m not sure whether to count this as her digging to lay or not? Would it be ok to wait to see her diggging in a different situation? Any help is greatly appreciated!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hey there, I think that she will do a lot more frantic digging if she's going to lay like with the first clutch. When you messaged me she was going through the heavy digging stage. You handled it well when you put the pet carrier bag full of sand in and she chose that to lay eggs.

You can put it back in or use something a bit smaller if it's taking up too much space.

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hey there, I think that she will do a lot more frantic digging if she's going to lay like with the first clutch. When you messaged me she was going through the heavy digging stage. You handled it well when you put the pet carrier bag full of sand in and she chose that to lay eggs.

You can put it back in or use something a bit smaller if it's taking up too much space.
Ok, thank you very much! I will wait until she looks more frantic, like last time. Right now she is not really acting frantic at all. Or if i see her dig when and where she normally dosen’t. Like last time she would dig in and around her hut when she came across it. I do have a smaller carrier. But, the big carrier isn’t a problem for her as long as she is using it. Just a problem with space when she has no reason to use it at the moment.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom