Emmett, EMILIO, Emma..RIP sweet Emily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thank you all. I am still heartbroken..I loved my Emmett and miss him terribly. I am taking a couple of weeks to just digest it all, I am still crying over him.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
i know, Tonja, such a shock, you take all the time you need. We'll be here, can always talk to us anytime. My heart is with you, Tonja, I know how you feel, it takes awhile...you just miss him so much. Your heart will heal, eventually.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I don't post much but I had to on this one. It's really hard when they don't live very long. We have had a total of 7 beardies but only 2 at a time. We miss them all. The first two we had were only with us for one year and 8 months and one year and 10 months. Redrock was with us for one year and 11 months. Sandstone only for about 4 months when he dissappeared. Goldie was with us for about 4 years when she got sick, we don't know her exact age because the people we got her from couldn't remember how long they had her. She was a loving beardie that loved to learn, as Miss O did. Now we have had Rosie for 8 years and Lil Squirt for 4 years (as of November 7, 2016). Before we got Rosie I was wondering if we could keep beardies for longer than 2 years, like we couldn't do anything right for them. I am sorry you lost so many beardies but it's really hard to go without them when you've had them. They are kind-of addictive.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I think its just to cold even with the CHE's. I lost Emilio and the vet said it was due to him not being able to get warm enough at night. I have the heat on and their CHE's but its not enough. Emma is doing well and the vet sees no problems. I have 2 CHE's on her tank at night now and it seems to keep her temps at 70 at night now. When I am ready I will get another Beardie but not till summer. I wont risk having one shipped in this cold weather. It would not be fair to the beardie or me.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's odd, especially if you were using a CHE. Were the overnight temps going below 70 in his tank? I've found a lot of peace of mind using a herpstat2 to keep the lighting within programmed ranges during the day and overnight. I've found that the temps don't drop below about 70 overnight in the house in the summer but in the winter it often goes into the high 50s. I have the heat projector programmed to keep one side of Darwin's tank between 70-73 overnight.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Tonja, was that a typo? I know you lost Emmett, but did you lose Emilio, too? I can understand how you'd be having issues keeping the tanks warm in your very cold weather. I don't have to deal with that because it never gets really cold where I live. I'm so sorry that this happened, glad Emma is doing well. And yes, I agree, getting a beardie in the summer would be better. I guess the Stumpys are still at the vet and the owners won't give them up?

You take care and hopefully everything works this summer as you want. As I said before, we're always here for you, Tonja.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I am still heartbroken over losing Emmett and Emilio. I miss them all terribly. Emma is doing really well and is going strong thank heavens. She is wanting to sleep a little earlier than usual but its that time of year she slows down a bit. She still eats well, just wants to sleep a bit more and that's ok, I cover her up and let her sleep.
Odd weather here also, no snow which is unusual. We have snow in the mountains so I am thanking my lucky stars we have had no adverse weather, just chilly. I will try to get some pictures up of Emma in a day or so.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I know how much you're missing your boys, Tonya, having been through it so many times. They're in your heart forever, if that helps any.

I'll be looking forward to seeing pictures of Emma :D

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I have not been here in a long while. I lost Emma to being eggbound, I knew something was wrong and tried to get her to the vet as quick as I could. driving, she passed a huge egg, prolapsed so badly we had to put her down. I needed time to grieve losing all 3 within a 6 week period of time. We did some swabs on Emmett and Emilios tanks and they were fine, nothing dangerous growing in them. I miss my sweethearts so badly. I took 2 tanks to my friend at tails and scales and let them have them. I kept 2 40 gallon tanks and decided to never get another beardie. Well after I cleaned the furniture really well to take to tails and scales I saw a juvie Italian Leatherback. She was adorable but didn't take her. I left without her my heart still breaking, on the way home something told me to go back and get her so I did. I have had her about a week now and shes a pill. I named her Shes orange in color and her scales are so smooth compared to geico, Emily Emmett and emma. She eats well and drinks often. .
meet Erika
full

full

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm so very sorry to hear about Emma, Tonya, what a shock that must have been. I hate the fact that they can lay infertile eggs. Luckily my Cierra has gone through 2 years of laying without any issues, but what happened to Emma can happen to any female. My heart goes out to you.

Welcome Erica, I guess Emma decided you had to have a beardie to love, Tonya. Every time I've lost a dragon, another has presented itself. Guess our dragons want to make sure we have another to love. Keep us updated, she is so beautiful and I'm glad she's doing so well.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm quite sad to hear about Emma as well. That's a really rough stretch you've gone through and I can only imagine how devastating it feels. You've given every one of your scaly babies a great life and I'm glad to hear that you are giving Erika a happy home as well. She's a lucky dragon.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Just read this today and I'm so deeply sorry that you had these tragedies in your reptile family. Three in a row is so devastating Tonja, my heart goes out to you.

Erika is a sweet looking girl. :) I wish her a happy + healthy life and I hope your heart heals as soon as possible.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thank you to all of you. I miss my babies so very much, all of them. I gave them the best I could offer them all. Erika is doing fine, shes eating well and ready for bed about 8 pm. I see no stress in her at all. In fact she is a little live wire, ever attentive to everything around her.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
It seems to me that no matter how many beardies you loose, we love them all, but they get such a hold on our hearts that we seem to need another one. We have had a total of 7 beardies since Thanksgiving of 2004, but only 2 at a time.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I've found, whenever I lose a beloved beardie, there is always another one that presents itself for me to take home & love. When I lost my Leo last January, within a month I found Imp in a pet shop. I seem to always have 5 beardies.

I'm so glad she's doing so well, Tonya, keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom