Emmett, EMILIO, Emma..RIP sweet Emily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Yahoo for finally eating on their own!

How wonderful that Emilio is still allowing you to pet him. I would think that it'd be the reverse, that he wouldn't want to be touched during a shed.

Sorry that your fur babies were frightened by the fireworks. I remember our family dog needing sedatives for the entire week, otherwise she'd be on the borderline of stroking out.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Love Emmet's new bed, glad he's using it :D

Emma makes me laugh with her housekeeping.

I hope the fireworks didn't upset your dogs too much, my sister's dog (RIP Bingo) had to be sedated, too, like Gina's family dogs. I'm just glad our dragons aren't bothered by loud noises, mine sleep through anything.

So we're back from the vet and it turns out that Gabriel has an aneurysm, which is
an excessive localized enlargement of an artery caused by a weakening of the artery wall. There's nothing the vet can do, she said surgery could cause it to pop, which means Gabriel could bleed out. So it's a waiting game to see if it could possibly reduce over time. My vet took a blood test as a baseline, and also to make sure his results are all normal. It's above his belly skin, just under his lungs and isn't bothering him at all, even though it's quite big, over 2" in diameter, but very thin. He's fine so far and hope he stays that way.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Its been a little while. Thought I would post and say there is nothing new going on here. Emmett, Emma and Emilio are doing great. Emma is shedding again and Emilio is in a slow down on shedding finally. Emilio is letting me pet him more and more without his hissing. I still cant pick him up and cuddle him but petting is better than nothing.
I am doing stuff to get things ready for Halloween. Am building a dollhouse I want to make haunted. I am doing a haunted nursery this year with all the trimmings. Got a bassinette and its grey so that will be used for a zombie baby. Its going to be creepy when put together I hope.
Weather has been dry the last few days so that's good but the temps are hot.
Not much else is going on. Just trying to stay cool like the rest of the country. :roll:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm just glad that everything is good at your end. I'll be waiting to see pics of the Haloween nursery, that should be very interesting and spooky.

Give your crew snuggles from me. It's quiet at my end, too. Nathaniel is already brumating :roll: and Gabriel is doing well. I'm giving him Tumeric every day and serrepeptase, not sure if it's doing any good but at least it's something.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
BIG NEWS!!!!!!!! Emilio is letting me pick him up and letting me hold him. He has really calmed down. No more hissing and gaping at me like he wants to bite me.
Emmett is doing really well as is Emma. They are so active now its warmed up outside finally. Not a whole lot going on here. Doing some Halloween stuff and got a dollhouse built. I need to paint it though and paper the inside. What a pain papering it is going to be ughh.
I'm all over the place, I am so excited about Emilio letting me hold him.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wow that is big news! I hope he is calming down for good. I know the chameleons can be finicky. I'm glad to hear all of the Ems are doing well.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
:blob8: What wonderful news! I'm sure you're over the moon being able to pick up and hold Emilio.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Its been a little while but I watch Big Brother online. Silly I know! Its my one reality show I watch and giggle over.
Emmett, Emma and Emilio are doing great. Fed them, made them fresh salads and cleaned their tanks. Emmett and Emma got baths and drank a lot of water. So that's good. They both are starting to slow down a bit. Its been in the 30's in the mornings here and 60s through the day so taking them outside is not an option. They are predicting our first snows for mid October ughhh.
Also got a dollhouse built, carpets made for it and curtains. Am doing a haunted dollhouse to put in a haunted nursery/playroom for Halloween this year so been busy doing that. Next is a 3d table. for the dolls to have a haunted tea party. Should be fun this year. Got a bassinette and did it all in grey and have a skeleton mobile made for it and draped it in skeletal garlands. Should be cute kind of like
Rosemary's baby type thing.
Anyway that's all the news for now..hope all of you and your dragons are well. Will try to post some pictures soon.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
well it has finally happened for me! Emmett is semi bromating. He is so sleepy he doesn't know what to do with himself. He is black bearding fighting sleep. Hes only eating every other day and doesn't want to much food, he falls asleep so I let him sleep. Emma is doing fine but she to, falls asleep earlier than normal. Emilio is well Emilio but he still lets me handle him a bit.
I still give Emmett and Emma a bath, Emmett when he is awake. His black bearding has me a little concerned but I know he is healthy. its only been in the last week or so hes been this way with sleeping and black bearding. Am I nuts to think he is fighting his brumation and this is why his beard is black? Ive never had to deal with this before!!!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I've never had any dragon fight brumation, they just go into their hides and sleep. So not sure why Emmett would be doing that. Maybe a vet visit? Just to be on the safe side?

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I took Emmett to the vet as suggested. Emmettt had late onset adenovirus as he started star gazing. I lost my sweet Emmett to the virus last Monday. I have not felt much like coming on since his death. I had no idea he was sick till the star gazing started. He was acting like he was in semi brumation for the first time, just so sleepy. The vet did all she could do for him and he took his last breath in my arms sitting in the vets office. I would not have wanted it any other way. Emma got a check up and is fine..her blood work is fine. I am so heartbroken over Emmett and feel like I should have known but I didn't. I feel like a very bad beardie momma right now. I am still crying over Emmett he was my baby as is emma. I thought you all might like to know the virus can show up at any stage in their lives not just as young ones. Emmett was going on 2 1/2.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh Tonya, I'm so very very sorry to hear about Emmett. I know many people who have lost dragons to this virus, but I also know alot of people who's dragons are thriving. If you want some support on this issue, there is a Facebook page that a friend of mine started, as she has 3 that are positive. Atadenovirus in Bearded Dragons. You should probably get a test done thru Tracie and the PATS on Emma, it doesn't show up in a blood test. Contact Tracie and she'll help you.

I just can't wrap my head around you losing Emmett, poor baby, RIP Emmett, he's with Geico, Emily and all our lost babies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
This is so sad and shocking =(. I'm surprised that he showed no symptoms until recently. Take comfort in knowing that even though his life was way too short, he had a great life, better than most. Your dragons are lucky to get to spend their time with you.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh, Tonja, I am in shock and sorrow for Emmett being gone.
You take whatever time you need to grieve, even if it means being away from the forum for a while.

Please know that my heart is aching terribly for you.

condolence-Copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom