Emmett, EMILIO, Emma..RIP sweet Emily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thank you Holly...i just feel so bad <insert childish whine here> If this doesnt get any better I will go see my dr. This is almost as bad as when I had west nile virus!

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Not here in the immdiate area..went with hubby fly fishing up in Lyons, was sitting minding my own buisness and got stung. The way it felt was unlike any other mosquito sting although I saw the mosquito and swatted it. immediately the area swelled up and turned red. Contacted my dr and had the test for it and it was negative..had 2 more, one 3 days later, positive...another week had another and it to was positive..was put on erythromycin antibiotics and ended up in the hospital for 3 weeks with it...was pumped full of fluids and antibiotics. I literally thought I was gonna die with it...headache was so bad I asked my dr to take my head off and give me a new one. Thats how fast and hard it hit me...but with lupus I am prone to anything getting out of hand fast..compromised immune system

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Can you get in to see your doctor, just to make sure what's the problem, or do you think it will go away on it's own, I'm so sorry you're not feeling well, it makes it hard to function...so well wishes on their way to you. Wish there was more I could do to help.

Emily & Geico are sure getting big, look at Emily's pancake in the bath, so wide! Her colours are wonderful & I can see the burgundy,port wine colour on her head, I hope she doesn't lose it either.

Take care, feel better,
Deb

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
If I lived closer I would take care of Em and Geico, baths, food, supplements anything you want me to do for them.
I would follow directions well, til you're better. I would even come over early and turn the lights on and turn them off
for you.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Awww you are sweet. Fortunately I do feel better today..took some antibiotics last night, my fever broke and i slept like a rock. All that remains is slight body aches and this infernal cough so still wear a mask when handling Geico and Emily so I dont cough or breathe on them. Emily already had her breakfast, her bath and she pooed in her bath as usual. Geico had his breakfast..will put him in the bath in about an hour or so. they both have nice fresh salads even though neither really touch them yet...which is why they get a fresh veggie slurry for breakfast with their calcium, chicken, superworms, carnivore care, and a bit of apple blueberry mixed in, the slurry is as nutritious as i can possibly make it. Geico eats 6 ml every morning then after that spits it out..Emily takes 1 1/2 ml before she will start spitting it out. I dont force anymore than that into them after they start spitting it out, I think they get enough plus their feeding at 2 and at 5.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You're a good mom, to make sure they get their veggies in the am. It will take some time before they'll eat their salads, some beardies never really eat veggies until they become about a year old. I had a salad that I made for my dragons when Rubio was little. It was just butternut squash mixed up in the food processor, then collard greens or bok choy cut up tiny, mixed in with the squash, with calcium added and they all loved it. Now, though, even though they will eat squash, collards and bok choy (and nothing else, spoiled little brats) it's only by hand & not daily. They eat salad or worms, not both. They can really drive me nuts. Roger started the hand feeding, and once you do that, they won't eat out of a bowl, believe me I've tried. So I do my best to make sure they're as well fed as they can be and it works well. I always have chicken w/veg babyfood and butternut squash babyfood in my cupboard, just in case.

Glad to hear you're feeling better, hope the cough goes away soon.
Deb

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I crush the heads on the superworms and throw them in the blender with the veggies, baby food chicken, squash, carnivore care, calcium and a tiny bit of fruit and warm water...blend it all up and thats what they get for breakfast every morning. This way they get vegetation, hydratiion, supplements and protien. Then lunch and dinner its dubias and silkworms. So they get the right percentage of greens to protien or as close as I can get it.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Emily's tail is turning white, her mouth is shedding..poor baby just shed last week. She keeps going like this with growing Godzilla will have nothing on her :lol: Shes miserable with her mouth, keeps rubbing it and scratching at it and nothing i can do but put a warm washcloth on her mouth and neck which seems to help her as she will nestle into it. The things I do for these two..my dogs should be so lucky although they are spoiled rotten to.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I agree, it's amazing how babies shed & so quickly, on right after the other. You're babies are very lucky to have you. You'll see, before you know it they'll be eating their daily salads, too. :D

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thank you, I love all my babies <hubby included as a big baby lol>. On a sour note, supposed to snow tomorrow so will hold off doing anymore to the yard till Friday and finish it up this weekend. Not liking the idea of snow with still being sick BUT I am feeling better and did get Geico bathed and he pooped..got my house vacumned and took out all the trash..got a load of laundry done. Hate letting my house go when Im sick but didnt feel like doing anything.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
My babies are fed lunch of dubias and fresh greens. They love thier dubia and need to order more silkworms..they have eaten them till there are no more but they are good for them. Need to order some pheonix worms to as we are out of them. Wish I could take them outside for a bit but its cold and gonna snow and I dont need to be out in the weather being sick still although I do feel better..much better.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Yeah, weather here hasn't been justice either, sun mixed with clouds and rain. Might give Vash more squash for dinner :D.
so 5 I will feed him some more :D then he should go to the bathroom more. I am so glad you're feeling better. I'm starting to
feel a lot better too.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Im glad you are feeling better, I just have the cough and runny nose left...temp was up to 103.6 last night before it finally broke. I think Vash will do fine on the squash..mine love it and sweet taters. I am gonna boil some chicken for my dogs, do that once a month and will strip as much fat off as I can..then will run some thru the blender with water to puree it and give some to Geico and Emily. Geico has had it fixed like that before and he loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom