Elijah's thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I know I'm always on here asking questions here there and everywhere so I decided to make a thread about Elijah and his day to day! He has grown up on BD.org with me since I got him Oct 31st. Here are some pics thats I took of him from Oct. to just about a month ago. I just got my digital camera up and working again so more pics on the way.

holdingElijah.jpg

Elijahsleeping.jpg

This was Elijah a couple of days after being home, I didn't realize how snuggly they were (as I type this he is on my shoulder sound asleep with his head under my sweat shirt hoody :love5: )
eating.jpg

Eatingmangos.jpg

I let him try Mangos one day! He has never eaten them since! :roll:

sexyleg.jpg

This was in his smaller tank, I never got tired of the sexy leg pose :lol:

Computerwhiz.jpg

This pic was taken in Jan I think, he was getting his Facebook on! :wink:

Random061.jpg

My boy getting large and in charge!

Hammocklazing.jpg

How he loves that hammock!

I'll post more pics and stories soon!

Elijahsmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Poor Elijah just has been having some days when he is so sleepy.
55d8d0a6.jpg

He barely made it out of his hide yesterday, actually that was about as far as he got.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh, how cute is that. :lol:
d5d78903.jpg

Squash mustache!!

So, Elijah is showing signs of brumating, huh?

Elijahsmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah he is showing signs of wanting to brumate. I think he is just a little over a year old so this is my first Winter with this so I have no idea what he is going to do. Right now some days he doesn't move of eat much and other days he will be wide awake for a few hours glass surfing and making a mess but he always crashes early. So I'm taking it slow, letting himeat when he wants to and keeping him warm when he does eat, and on days he doesn't I give him a bath and make sure he has had a good poo and back to bed he goes. We'll see, it's kinda nerve wrecking.

Elijahsmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So Elijah has been sleeping more and more. Some days he is up and other days he is down. Today I turned on his lights and he had kind of poked his head out and I thought may be he would be up today, well I thought wrong because I came back and he had moved his blanket in front of his door!
17423af3.jpg

Poor baby. I wake him every few days for a bath and offer him food but he is so sleepy. I miss my pookie!

Elijahsmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hehe he was the stinker. We've been in and out of having warm weather so some days he has been up and others he shows no interest at all. I'll be interested to see what happens when it gets really cold all the time. Had Judas gone in to napping mode full time yet Diane?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Judas is our oldest at 8 yrs and he isn't even considering brumation. :D Gizmo, our 6 yr old, has days when he is more active their others and does go to sleep earlier though. But, thank goodness, none of them have totally gone down.

Elijahsmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well I'm glad to hear everyone is still awake for the most part. Elijah has still been eating well too but the stinker has gone on a veggie strike :roll: I've offered him everything I could think of but he has turned up his nose even at baby food which I could always get him to eat! Oh well this probably means that he could be getting ready to shed, he will go off veggies entirely before every shed. *grumbles* LOL! What are you gonna do? We love them however they come don't we?? I was just asking if Judas had gone down yet because I saw that you had posted that he always the first to go to brumate and the last one to wake up. :) silly boy. We'll see what these babies do when the weather gets really cold.

Elijahsmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ahhhhh! I can't believe that I forgot to post this!! On Halloween it's been a year since I got Elijah!! My sweet boy! Also, I saw the calendars are up! I want one of them
All everyone's beardies are beautiful!!!

Elijahsmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I hope that everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!!! I haven't been on here in FOREVER it feels like, it's been so busy and hectic at my house and at work! I hope that everyone has a safe and happy Holiday!
Keleah and Elijah!

Elijahsmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Miss my pookie...he has gotten sleepy, he doesn't move much at the moment and preferring to stay cool and sleep. I'll be glad when spring gets here!

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I think Goldie thinks it is spring. She's been running around the living room like it is spring, head bobbing, a bit of a black beard. She sat on Rosie today, whereupon Rosie went after her. Their dad talked to them both and seemed to be successful.

Elijahsmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Lol! They are so funny!!! Elijah has never totally gone to sleep, he prefera to lay under his basking lamp and sleep on and off and not move much and turn his nose up at whatever I offer him! He will ONLY eat hornworms right now which sucka as I just got in more worms from Mulberry farms! Veggies have been going totally un touched! Occasionally he will glass dance and wreck his cage but mostly he is a picky bump-on-a-log!! Lol!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom