Elijah's thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I know I'm always on here asking questions here there and everywhere so I decided to make a thread about Elijah and his day to day! He has grown up on BD.org with me since I got him Oct 31st. Here are some pics thats I took of him from Oct. to just about a month ago. I just got my digital camera up and working again so more pics on the way.

holdingElijah.jpg

Elijahsleeping.jpg

This was Elijah a couple of days after being home, I didn't realize how snuggly they were (as I type this he is on my shoulder sound asleep with his head under my sweat shirt hoody :love5: )
eating.jpg

Eatingmangos.jpg

I let him try Mangos one day! He has never eaten them since! :roll:

sexyleg.jpg

This was in his smaller tank, I never got tired of the sexy leg pose :lol:

Computerwhiz.jpg

This pic was taken in Jan I think, he was getting his Facebook on! :wink:

Random061.jpg

My boy getting large and in charge!

Hammocklazing.jpg

How he loves that hammock!

I'll post more pics and stories soon!

Elijahsmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So it was bath time for Elijah today:

Picture009.jpg

He was giving me stank eye! :shock:

Picture010.jpg

My dog Eleanor making sure I knew there is a beardie in the tub

Picture011.jpg

drying off

Picture012.jpg

My burrito bug

Picture014.jpg

Thanks mom for the roaches, thems tasty noms!

Picture015.jpg

Still doing the roach pose!

Elijahsmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
LOL! Yeah I hadn't believed how much he had grown until I started to compare pics of him. That little coconut shell he is on eating his mango's, I need to get a new pic of him next to it now!! :shock:

SidandSpike

Awuh he's super cute ! & It looks like he got big quick !
..I love the picture with your pup looking at you like " so..why is there a lizard in the tub?" hehe our dog looks at Spike and then at us and tilts her head like what IS he? :p
very cute pictures :)
Jess && Spike

Elijahsmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm so upset that I didn't get a picture of this but I was running late for work this morning. I woke up to find Elijah sounds asleep in the cornor of his tank, face up in the air and looking super comfey. Now the bad part is that was not where I had left him last night. He had crawled into his hammock to sleep last night, well it looks like a suction cup came loose and that was how he ended up on the floor! :shock: I felt so bad for him, I was wearing my fuzzy robe this morning so I scooped him up and carried him around snuggled in my robe for a while, I think he felt better after that and a large breakfast of crickets!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wow, look how he's grown, it's amazing, isn't it? He is just TOO cute. :p

I have been using those hammocks for many years, the way I keep the suction cups from coming detatched is that I push the very center of the rubber cups to the glass every other day or night, that has worked very well and they haven't come lose on their own. Sometimes you hear a pop sound as the cups adhere to the glass once more and that's a good sound. Just thought I would mention this to you. I used to also feel bad when one of the cups came loose and a beardie ended up on the bottom. :(

Elijahsmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I felt so bad for Elijah that morning! He didn't seem too upset by it though. :p I've been feeding him dubias for about a week now, he loves them! I have a plastic dog food dish that I can put them in and they can't get out, those roaches and the worms are great for mornings when I have to go to work and I can put them in the cage and he can eat everything when he wakes up and warms up. (I have to leave for work EARLY and I don't get back home until LATE, thus is the life of a nurse! :roll: fortunately I only do this 3 days a week! :wink: ) I got my reptiSUN light in and his stress marks are beginning to fade, I'm glad about that, I have a reflector in there right now to help with the screen lid that I have and my husband is going to be cutting a hole in the screen for me as soon as he gets the right tools for the job! I'll post more pics of him soon! 8)

Elijahsmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
As promised a picture of Elijah near his coconut! He has grown WAY beyond being able to fit in it but he still loves it all the same.
Picture016.jpg

Picture017.jpg

He has grown so much!!!

Elijahsmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
HAHAHA! I had posted my last pic of Elijah on my Facebook page to show my family and I captioned it "yoga pose" and my aunt asked me if he did the downward facing dog pose but my mom had beat me to a reply and told her no, this is the "tree pose!" hehehe I love my family!

Elijahsmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So Elijah finally found out how to sleep in his flower pot! LOL! I think he is a bit too big for it though!
Picture022.jpg

He had even kicked out his blanket!

Picture021.jpg

This was a frontal view. He had crawled all the way through! Sleepy dragons they crack me up.

Random064.jpg

This one was taken a while ago but as you can see Elijah likes funny poses to sleep. I call this one his "I don't want to get up doe school" pose!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh, how adorable. Sure loves his flower pot. :lol: Isn't it amazing the positions they get themselves into? Don't know how they manage it.

Elijahsmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm so happy!!! Elijah has FINALLY started to shed again!!! :D He is not too happy about it though, he is severely grumpy about it! :roll: I'll be glad when it's done and I'm sure he will be too!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom