Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Dude finally called a truce with Woodstock :roll:
012-1.jpg

This dragon is a trip!

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I was kind of camera happy the other day and just decided to shoot pictures of all of the scalies..

Here are Dude's mugshots..
028.jpg

He was watching the camera strap..."If it moves, it MUST be edible"
029.jpg

Such a grumpy old man
030.jpg

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
:lol: If you can believe it, he has gained 91 grams in the 3 months since I've had the pleasure of caring for him.

I still keep hoping for a big shed, because with the yellow around his eyes and the white on his feet, I am just dying to know what is underneath those crappy scales.

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
Ethelia":3ca05 said:
Erm who is this beardie and what has he done with Dude? Eaten him?????

:laughing6:

The old Dude could've fit in the new Dude's tummy, that's for sure. :roll:

Wow. What an improvement from the beginning of the thread! :D

Jacqui

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
jacqui778":e2b10 said:
Wow. What an improvement from the beginning of the thread! :D
Jacqui
And worth every moment worrying when he wasn't eating or pooping.

Now he's just my grumpy old man who just loves to be talked to. I don't think his previous owner talked to him much. He just looks and looks. And sometimes if I change the pitch of my voice, he looks at me like "What the heck!"

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Neromom39":f4379 said:
Now he's just my grumpy old man who just loves to be talked to. I don't think his previous owner talked to him much. He just looks and looks. And sometimes if I change the pitch of my voice, he looks at me like "What the heck!"
That is so cute!!! :love5:

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
So it seems that Dude is protesting the poop thing :? He hasn't pooped in 6 days now. He's had hour long baths every night for the past week (twice on Saturday and Sunday) and I've also been giving him applesauce with olive oil in it every day. Still nothing. I'm thinking that it has something to do with the supers (which I stopped when he didn't poop after Day 1). I suspected that they were causing him problems before, but I have always been able to get him to poop. I can't feel any lumps in his belly, but I also know that the food didn't just evaporate in his stomach. Sooooooo....

On Thursday, we go to the vet and they did mention.... ENEMA :shock:

No more supers for Dude... I was going to order silkies anyway when Hades was alive, so I will go with that plan. I keep thinking about Sandi and CJ and I keep begging him to poop. I don't want to have to make daily or weekly trips to the vet so they can torture him by putting something in his pooper.

He doesn't seem stressed (no marks) but he is feeling lighter because he is only on baby food.

Wish us luck!

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
So we just got back from the vet with Dude. Totally expected the worst because he hasn't pooped in now 7 days.

So the vet looks him over... does a complete check up... looks at his mouth, his eyes, turns him over and looks at the boy stuff. Then he starts feeling his belly and... there is absolutely NOTHING in his stomach or his colon :shock: 7 days ago this dragon ate 15 superworms and he hasn't pooped. And now I find out that he hasn't pooped because he doesn't have anything to poop. WHERE THE HECK DID IT GO??

So the plan is to go back to feeding him normal (I've been feeding him babyfood for the past week) and if he hasn't pooped by the beginning of next week then back to the vet.

He did tell me that Dude has now recovered enough to be fed on an "adult" schedule. Feeders only 3 days a week now. He has been eating more of his veggies since he hasn't had any crawlies in a week.

I'm just super relieved that there is nothing wrong with my Dude.

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
herpfreak":3dd5b said:
So glad he's not impacted!! :blob8: :blob8: What a funny story! :? The Case of the Disappearing Poo.

Disappearing Poo is right! I'm sure Nero would love to know his secret for that :shock: Drama dragon :roll:

On another note, I realized yesterday that even though Dude is not fond of the outside (refer to previous pics on earlier pages), he is such a GREAT car dragon. When we went to the vet, I covered him up in a fleecie, because I didn't want him to do that scary "See how big my mouth is" face the whole time I had him out. Nope... didn't want anything to do with the fleecie. "I WANT TO SEE, MOM" :mrgreen: He sat on my lap (half covered by the fleecie) and looked around. Never moved. He spent alot of time looking up, because our car has a glass top.

It appears that he is going through a FULL body shed... head, back everything at once. I hope it doesn't give him too much trouble. He has had those lousy, crappy scales for so long that I wasn't sure if he would ever shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harobuilt
Top Bottom