Dude - *New and Improved

Status
Not open for further replies.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Wow, comparing the first pictures and the most recent... he looks incredible!! :D Sooo much better.

I just boarded this thread, but I'm looking forward to more updates!

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Dude's finally in his brand new custom built home, courtesy of hubby :blob5: No more paper towels on the floor and some natural stone to bask on. And plenty of room to just be lazy :mrgreen:

New stick... since he has several claws missing, we got him one not so high off the ground

WoodStock "perched" on the stick, Dude "perched" under the lights

Warmin' mah butt

The only things that are in there from his old viv are his half log and his food bowl (which he fell asleep in last night), Surprisingly, not relocation stress and no pouting. He seems very happy. The only thing that makes me sad is that he is upstairs all by himself. We tried to bring him downstairs for a couple of days, but there just wasn't any good location that we could put him that he and Nero couldn't see each other. Constant blackbearding and head-bobbing and I don't think either of them ate much for that time either. Oh well, I will just get my excercise running upstairs frequently to spend time with him.

On a different note, the day he was totally stressed out I did manage to get a few pictures of what he kept doing to me for the entire day after I pulled him away from the sliding glass window

Wait for it.. wait for it
BAM!!

I now make sure that I keep my blinds closed because he is in direct view of them from where his viv is. I don't want him to have any more of these episodes.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
:shock: Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed! My, what sharp teeth you have, Dude!

Love the custom viv! Looks great! That is such a perfect climbing stick. Where did you get it?

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
At LLL Reptile. It's bamboo I think. But he loves it. It's not skinny and hard to hang on to. And for a dragon that doesn't have many claws left, I guess that's a plus :wink:

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Roo is our only one who HATES and i do mean hates looking outside. She will almost kill herself to get away from it. I hear you on trying to keep them from seeing eachother thats so hard to do. We have 7 in 1 room :shock: I love his smiley face :D Reminds me of Zero. I love his new home its so pretty your hubby did a wonderful job!

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Oh my... would you look at that big mouf! Ooohhh, Dude is a big scary lizard. OK, actually he is a little bit scary. Those teeth do look sharp! :lol: The new viv looks great. I bet he'll really enjoy it.

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Can you believe that is the same pathetic little rescue at the beginning of the thread? I was totally beside myself the entire day because I thought I had damaged him for life :( I was SO relieved when he was back to his normal "chill" self the next day.

Christy and Sandi - thanks for the viv compliments. He seems to like it just fine. I got the best "sleeping" picture of him last night. I'll try to get it on here this evening. It is absolutely hilarious!!

Hubby does do good work. He used to build "human" houses a few years back, but his back won't let him do it anymore so he just toys around with the smaller scale dwellings. He's actually had a couple of pet shops interested in having him build a couple for them, but his schedule is so crazy right now with his regular job. Plus he also does remodels on the side, so we were kind of lucky that he was able to take a Saturday to build the three we needed :shock:

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Ethelia":47f26 said:
he looks like he wants to NOM my soul!

:lol: Nah! I think your soul is safe :mrgreen: He was just being big and scary and now he's back to laid back, crazy ol' Dude 8)

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
This is how we found Dude sleeping the other night...

"Who needs a pillow? Dis thermometer works jus' fine!"

You really can't fool him! I swear this was supposed to be a sleeping shot, but he always wakes up right before the flash.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Neromom39":8c04c said:
This is how we found Dude sleeping the other night...

"Who needs a pillow? Dis thermometer works jus' fine!"

You really can't fool him! I swear this was supposed to be a sleeping shot, but he always wakes up right before the flash.

Now THIS is funny! Thanks for sharing it. Silly Dude, it makes it hard to tell what the correct temps of your home are if you keep sleeping on the display.

That's about like our beardies from time to time, they sit on the probe. The first time one of them did it, we wondered why the temps when from 98F to 85F in a matter of seconds. Then we noticed Redrock's belly was on the probe.

Lori

neecie

Juvie Member
Everyday my Sandy sleeps in a new spot. It's funny to see the hanging legs, up the wall, or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom