Dubia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimpy12

I am looking at starting a dubia colony and am wondering if y'all have recommendations for where to buy a starter colony. I have researched and found a dozen different places all varying in price. Anyone really good or to stay away from?

Isbe

There are lots of good websites just search BD.org and you well find many. Myself I would try to find a site that is local. I found a place 1 hour away I bought colony I keep in a tote and I am buying Dubia feeders about 300 at a time I keep in another tote. Once I get my colony going being free of crickets well be the best feeling in the world.

Good luck with you Dubia colony

Shrimpy12

Original Poster
Thanks. I haven't been able to locate any dubia roach breeders in VA. I know there are a ton of websites but that doesn't mean they are all good. I was just wondering who people buy from.

I know there is a guy on this site that sells complete starter colonies for a reasonable price
[ Invalid URL Removed / p= t=203927 f=2 ]
or if you wanna go at it by yourself there are a few good roach sellers online.
buydubia.com
dubiadeli.com
kimbrellscoldblood.com
this is to just name a few. I suggest doing research, find the best price with the best reviews and go from there.
I started my own and every now and then have to resupply and I personally go thru Kimbrell.
I will tell you this dubias are sooooo much nicer than crickets, crickets just really creep me out still good feeders tho, I hate any flying or jumpy bugs.
Hope this helps

Shrimpy12

Original Poster
Thank you that does help. I looked at buy dubai and dubi deli. I haven't seen Kimberll I'll check them out! I don't like the jumping crickets but what really gets me is the smell. They STINK!

jxl22

i thought the dubideli starter colonies were absurd for having a 1:1 M:F ratio.

I bought my colony from westcoastroaches and i'm very happy with what came with it! I recommend WCR to everyone that asks about where to buy a starter colony.

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
Check your local Craigslist and Ebay. You can find great deals on Craigslist. Heck if you lived around the Seattle Washington area, I could hook you up with a starter colony. I'm downsizing my colony since Harley is getting older now and doesn't eat the 1200+ roaches a month like when she was a baby. I just hooked a guy up with 100 adult/pregnant females and 600 mixed nymphs all for $160. I just do local delivery/meeting since I don't want to mess with shipping and all that. But again, check your local Craigslist. Most of the roach businesses sell adult females/kits for expensive prices. Guess I cant really blame them since once your colony takes off, you will never need to buy roaches again. :p

TerratheBeardie

Hatchling Member
I'm with jxl22. I went with WestCoastRoaches and I've had NOTHING but good results. Virtually all of them I ordered were alive, and the "dead" ones only ACTED dead. One year later, I have a thriving colony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom