dubia escape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amber31190

Hatchling Member
im scared to death, found dubias cheap at expo, been feeding my Wd, and once got loose, im i infested now, my room temps are 85, will it die off, or am i screwed

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
If one got out you should be fine however if you can turn the AC up and get the temps down they or it will slow down and possibly die. Unless an adult male and a female got out then I would not sweat it. Just my 2 cents.

Amber31190

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
oh ok, i got scared, if heard 50/50, so yea, i only have ten, my beardies are scared of them, so the Water dragon, is bulking up lol. also OT, to orginal subject, but any ideals how to get beardies to eat them..i having a :banghead: time with them at moment

hammerhead

Juvie Member
Maybe if you let your beardie see you eat a few it will lose its fear of them :lol:
One of my beardies will only eat smaller dubias, you could try that some time.
I find dubias in my basement all the time, as I have thousands of them down there. My wife found one in my kids sock drawer, and a big male flew across the living room the other night into her hair. I wish I had seen that one.

Amber31190

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
so nothing like, el cockroach la greman, lol also more OT< but if somome could help me, i would be soooooooooooo grateful, i have a kidney dish, but they keep escaping i have to sit there and watch untill WD, eats it or it will escape to god know were, and trix or mabye i could tape it to were they can't get out so i dont have to roach babysit till they feel like eating it, my beardies are in aquariums, so no escapes, but my water dragon is in a wood viv, with some holes drilled for light fixtures big enouh for dubia escape. also tried frying them and eating them, quite good witth bbq, :lol: :mrgreen:

Amber31190

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
but mabye lining the dish with clear, tape, keep them in dish, i heard it works for crix.

Amber31190

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
cool thanx, yea i tear, a few limes, form cirx and it works, lol sounds awful thank you for your help :D

hammerhead

Juvie Member
I use a glass dish with 2 inch sides. The only time they get out is when they climb up the beardie and run down the tail. Reminds me of Fred Flintstone sliding down the brontosaurus when the whistle blows. Yabba Dabba Do

Starforce2

Juvie Member
Beardie scared of roaches? That's odd indeed. How big is the beardie?

I would suggest a dish it can't get out of. I went and bought a small green catfood dish (which initially confused mine..it kept trying to eat the dish) and put one in there near where your lizzard spends alot of time (not under the basking light it will cook). Maybe if he watches the thing he'll eventually get curious. I've never had mine scared of any food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom