Dubia.com enclosures?

Axil

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
Double sided tape or velcro might work. Or pick up a birch panel from lowes, cut it to fit and glue the background to that. I would use velcro to hold that in place also.
I like idea of gluing to a panel first. Gluing directly to the pvc always made me apprehensive as if something went wrong (and knowing me it would) that would leave a nasty mess on the back.

I've had issues with the adhesive side of stick on velcro not adhering well. Though that was a completely different situation (grow tent). I wonder if a silicone caulk would work well to bond the panel to the wall. And perhaps in the seams as well to keep roaches from taking up residence behind the panel.

Of course that's pretty permanent and if my poster rips it'll be an ugly mess. Ugh, I need to stop planning and just do it.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
If you use silicone i would get a drywall or large putty knife/scraper and work it in like drywall mud. Just a nice thin coat evenly spread out. Then i would use a wooden dowel or something similar wrapped on a soft cloth to smooth the air out from under the background.

Axil

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
If you use silicone i would get a drywall or large putty knife/scraper and work it in like drywall mud. Just a nice thin coat evenly spread out. Then i would use a wooden dowel or something similar wrapped on a soft cloth to smooth the air out from under the background.
I was thinking of still using the board and glue you suggested and then silicone to affix the board to the back and seal the edges. Kind of like an aquarium

Or maybe you were too, but I wouldnt think you'd need to prespread to that extent when the weight and rigidity of the board would (I think) do most of the work.

Upside over just gluing to the pvc being if something goes wrong bonding the poster to the wood panel I can sand it off and try again and not have made a mess in the enclosure.

Honestly the velcro sounds easier though. Maybe I'll get a small sheet of pvc to practice on and convince myself it will hold the way I want it too.

Anyway I'll make a new thread if I go down that road, as this is only tangentially related to the subject of Dubai.com enclosures at this point ;)

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I was talking about using the silicone to attach the background pick to the panel.
I would velcro the panel or drill small holes at the corners and use machine screws the secure the panel.
Elmer's school glue would probably work just as well 😅

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom