Enclosure and lighting question

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Hi there 👋

I’m getting Leo a new enclosure very soon, hopefully this October or the coming November. The brand I’m looking at is supposedly better than Zen habitats, it’s called Meco reptiles, is anyone familiar with it? Any thoughts on the enclosures they have? If so got one of those, I’d have to put all my lighting inside since they don’t come with a mesh. Is a 14% too strong for inside a 120+ gallon enclosure? Also, would so have to get a lower wattage basking bulb since mine reads between 95-110f on top of the mesh?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi there 👋

I’m getting Leo a new enclosure very soon, hopefully this October or the coming November. The brand I’m looking at is supposedly better than Zen habitats, it’s called Meco reptiles, is anyone familiar with it? Any thoughts on the enclosures they have? If so got one of those, I’d have to put all my lighting inside since they don’t come with a mesh. Is a 14% too strong for inside a 120+ gallon enclosure? Also, would so have to get a lower wattage basking bulb since mine reads between 95-110f on top of the mesh?
does this come standard w/ heat tape or heat pad -- your basking bulb will be trial and error -- if you are putting it inside the tank it needs to be at least 6" above the basking decor piece -- the UVB will need to be strapped to the top of the tank giving a distance of 17-18 inches for a 24" tank

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
does this come standard w/ heat tape or heat pad -- your basking bulb will be trial and error -- if you are putting it inside the tank it needs to be at least 6" above the basking decor piece -- the UVB will need to be strapped to the top of the tank giving a distance of 17-18 inches for a 24" tank
Alright! And no, it doesn’t come with anything but the enclosure itself I believe. Should I put up some sort of cage to protect Leo from potential burns? Or is that nothing to worry about, he does like to jump.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Alright! And no, it doesn’t come with anything but the enclosure itself I believe. Should I put up some sort of cage to protect Leo from potential burns? Or is that nothing to worry about, he does like to jump.
You may want to - they are cages you put the light in- che's can also go in them too-

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom