Does this look like mold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I noticed this on my lil man's ultimate favorite basking branch.. I tried cleaning it with hydrogen peroxide but to no help. Is it safe for me to put back in his tank? Thank you.

105035-8571338174.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah it is mold. You can use bleach on it if you want, and rinse well. It should die under the UV light anyways, although the spots might stay.

-Brandon

ohitslexluthor

Original Poster
claudiusx":3knp6icp said:
Yeah it is mold. You can use bleach on it if you want, and rinse well. It should die under the UV light anyways, although the spots might stay.

-Brandon

Thanks Brandon! I will try that when I get home. It's no where near his UVB light; directly under his basking light will it still die off?

SPandS

Juvie Member
The basking and uvb bulbs should really over lap that way your dragon can get both at the same time. It'll also help prevent any new mold from growing on the log.

ohitslexluthor

Original Poster
Hello, I just updated his UVB light to a Reptisun 10.0 t5 & his basking is a Exo Terra 75 watt intense basking bulb in a duel fixture for now til I buy a single one; I unscrewed the UVB bulb and unplugged it. Someone said it will get the job done; I have a screen because I feared they would be too close in length and was told to have them a few inches apart and the screen would be fine because I upgraded from a 5.0 to a 10.0.
Also, Don't know what to hang them with lol.

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Is that an actual log or synthetic? If actual, you could always take a propane torch to it. That's one of the things I do to sterilize rocks & wood I put in my beardies' cages.

ohitslexluthor

Original Poster
Aaradimian":122t3fpx said:
Is that an actual log or synthetic? If actual, you could always take a propane torch to it. That's one of the things I do to sterilize rocks & wood I put in my beardies' cages.

It's an actual log. I will try these methods... Thanks guys!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom