Dino's YF... Rest Easy my Lil' Friend :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks Deb & Corrie!! She's so perky! I haven't seen her like that in SO SO LONG! Gettin' back to her cute little self! :love5: I'm sure EATING is giving her lots of energy! Yeah, I think the doctor thinks it's gone as we were able to stop putting the ointment on her eyes sooooo... *fingers crossed* nothing creeps back up! Keeping an eye on that left one, the whites of her eye still look red. Not much swelling, no goop and she keeps it open, so, hopefully, it will be okay. OMG, so annoyed with that photobucket CRAP! When I have some time, I'll go back and figure out how to go back to the old version. :angry5:

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Soooooo my son got these new lenses to attach to his iPhone camera lens. Check THIS out! CrAzY!!! :shock:

dinoseye_zps9953e01f.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I can't believe that an Iphone can take such a great close up, she's looking good, Sue, hopefully that all heals well for her.

As for Photobucket, I sent a comment to the editor and I'm now receiving copies of everything that's being sent by users and they 100% HATE the new site & are leaving Photobucket for other sites. So we're not the only ones that are upset with the change. I swear, whoever runds that site is going to be losing all their customers in a short amount of time. My email is being flooded with these really negative & sometimes downright nasty comments. Hopefully someone actually notices!

I just put up some pics on my site, when you have a sec check them out.

Give Dino a hug and when is your daughter going to New York?
Deb

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Sue,

How is Dino doing today? I hope she is having a great week & eating a lot also! Her skin is looking nice & smooth now. She is such a special little girl, too. Her spirit is incredible.

Tracie

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hi Tracie,
I am happy to report that Dino is doing so well right now!! She's eating everyday, eager to see those tongs when I bring 'em out! She chased down her first crickets in a VERY long time this week! Even a teeny tiny one which she usually can't be bothered with! Her eyes are looking better every day even though she is not getting anything in them, on them, or for them!! She's definitely back to her old self! Such a relief and a joy to see! She's all gray right now and ready to start shedding all over! Another good thing to see! I hope this is the path we stay on for a while! :blob8: :blob5:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh I hope so and for her to be chasing her food, that is wonderful news. Her eyes looks great and it's good to know everything is healed up and no more meds for her. Praying that's the way she stays after your huge battle. Kudos to you, Sue, for sticking with your girl :D :D

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Sue,

Just wanted to say hello & check in on Dino. How is she doing today?
Is she still on the antifungal now right, which one again?
She has been through a lot, but I know she is doing so much better now! Is her appetite doing well?
I hope that the honey has helped her out too around her eyes.
I have just been thinking about you both.

Tracie

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hi Tracie,
Yes, she still is taking the anti fungal med, voriconozole. She has 2 more lesions that the vet wants to fall off before we can stop giving it to her. She has one on the inside of her front leg at the elbow bend and a small mark on her chest. She is beginning a full shed right now so I'm hoping they fall off with that!! Since her eye is better, I've stopped putting the honey on her face. She is doing really well, her appetite is great, eating everyday! I will have to get some pictures posted so you guys can see her!! Thanks for checking in on us!! :wink:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Well, hopefully the shed will do the trick, it would be so good to have a medless Dino for a change. And her eyes have improved so much, is this honey that humans can eat? I love honey, even though it's not on my diet, being a diabetic, but still, love it.

It's to good to hear that she's eating every day and basking and now shedding. Way to go Dino & Sue!

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hi Deb! I gave her a bath last night and took some pics but I just didn't have it in me to go fight with Photobucket! :lol: Plus, I was watching the Bruins game. I checked that elbow spot, it's still stuck on there pretty good, it will lift but it's still sticky. The other spots/scabs easily peeled right off, this one isn't quite there yet. I asked Tracie if it was okay for Dino to ingest some of that honey, she said it probably doesn't taste very good but it wouldn't hurt her. It is tested in a lab, just not pasteurized. I haven't tasted it, I smelled it, doesn't smell sweet like regular store-bought honey, I figure I'll leave it alone! :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Don't blame you, but if it's good for her to injest, and won't do her any harm, see if she likes it. Hopefully those two lesions drop off soon, then no more YF! What a relief for both of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom