Dino's YF... Rest Easy my Lil' Friend :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
She's just improving every day. Way to go Dino, it's good to hear! Hope the eye problem clears up soon, too, it will be such a miracle when she has no meds, no more lesions and no more eye problems!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Sue,

How is Dino doing today?
She seems to be doing very well now! How are her spirits & mood?
I hope everything is going great for her! :D

Tracie

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So Dino was buggin' out a little bit today in the condo, glass dancing, nosing the glass, so I figured, eh, lemme put her in the big tank for a while so she can run around a little bit. Well I put her in there and she just stayed where I put her for quite a while. She must've been a little overwhelmed by all the SPACE she had. LOL! Then she started to move around a little after I put her on the basking spot. I figured I'd give her a bath, she probably needs to poop. Gave her a nice long soak and she was tail whipping in her bath like crazy trying to get the shed off the bottom half of her tail. "BLUB...SPLASH" :lol: So after bath time, I put her back in the masion on the basking spot and let her be. Went to dinner with my daughter. I could not BELIEVE what I was seeing when I got back because, I swear to you, it's been well over a YEAR since I've seen her doing this. I am so happy right now! :blob5: :blob8: I've decided that she's staying in the mansion from now on, no matter what, because that's where she's happiest! :love5: See for yourself:
DSCN3896_zpsb29479cc.jpg

Oh! You can see one of the lesions that I'm waiting to fall off in this picture too... see her left arm, right at the bend? That's one of them. It's lifted so it shouldn't be long before it's off!! :blob5: :blob8:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh that is great news, she's back in her real home after all this time, way to go Dino :love5: , I know you're proud of her and she looks great! Her eye looks better and I could see that little lesion, it'll be off before you know it. Well done!!! Happy dance :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:

shara

Wow her eye looks amazingly better! And she looks so happy! Huge Congrats!

Cheers,
Shara and baby Napoleon

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
You guys are so awesome!! Thank you for always being so supportive and for being Dino's cheerlearders!! :love5:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
It's a joy to have her so healthy and in her mansion, too, I saw the pics on Facebook, she looks sooooo happy to be back in there. I'm so thrilled at her recovery and hope it permanent. I'm also so amazed at you for doing all you could to help Dino fight this battle and get her so healthy again. Now I just want to see happy pictures and good news!

Tonja

BD.org Addict
I have to say it, I told you so! That light at the end of the tunnel is there now. Dino looks wonderful. Her eye looks so much better and her skin looks so nice and clear cept that tiny lesion that will fall off in no time. You have done wonders with and for her. I cannot get over the transformation in Dino. Good job and well done. i could not be happier for you.

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yes Tonja, YOU DID!! :D So, I started the ointment on her eye again and she's been skipping meals again. Hmmm, wondering if a topical eye med can make her feel icky. It must. There's no other explanation for it really. OR it could be that she's so happy on her bridge that she just doesn't wanna get DOWN! :laughing6: JK. Anyway, that lesion on her arm that was lifted came OFF after a bath this week sooooo ONE MORE TO GO! :blob5: :blob8: She has her next check up on the 28th, I wonder what the vets gonna say!! She's always amazed at how good Dino is coming along. I am always skeptical about SOMETHING. It always seems to good to be true to me... Big pessimist over here!! We shall seeeee!!! We are trekkin' back up to Maine this weekend, probably our last trip for the season (Well, for my daughter, Dino and I. The guys will go up again.). Hopefully there will be enough snow left for one more awesome ride! :wink:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Sue,

Let us know how the vet visit goes on the 28th!
How is Dino doing now, still improving I hope? I really hope she is feeling well & has a great appetite. :D

Tracie

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hi Tracie,

Dino's doing well. I had to move her appt to Friday. My boss has an appt. that day so "low man on the totem pole" moved her appt. :| Dino's doing pretty good. I think I'm gonna ask to have her eye cultured again. It's watery again, which isn't normal. I'm gonna ask to have her ear cultured too. That one side that's blocked up with skin overgrowth... It's time to get that taken care of. There's always slimy mucus that I'm able to get out of it with the q-tip. I never put the q-tip IN her ear, I lay it flat against the outside of her ear and roll it along the outside to get the old SSD off to apply new cream. Well, when I do that, slimy mucus always comes out. It's clear, not yellow or anything. She's starting to bat at my hand when I'm working her ear though, which she's never done before. Makes me think it's bothering her now. So that's the latest! Her appetite is good. Eating everyday. She's still shedding. Now it's more of her head and torso. HOPING that spot sheds off her chest. She's got maybe 2 doses left of VC. I really don't wanna refill it if I don't have to. Her appt. Friday is gonna be expensive with the 2 cultures I'm going to ask for. I'll let you guys know how it goes! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom