Digesting superworms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evin

How old should be the dragon (or how big) to be able to digest superworms properly? And how many is max to feed him

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
The general safety guideline for superworms is that your dragon be 16 inches or longer. Some have started a bit earlier, but you don't want your dragon to be too small or there's a much greater risk the chitin in the superworm shell will pose a problem.

As far as how many, there's no firm concensus on that matter. Some suggest limiting a growing dragon to 10 supers a day and using other worms to fill him up, while others say to let him eat as many as he wants once you've slowly introduced them to his diet and you know he's digesting them well. My girl was about 10 months old when I started her on supers and she got around 20 a day at the time. Looking back at it now, I think I should have given her a bit more each day, especially since those were her only live feeder, but its up to you to figure out what you're comfortable with as being healthy for your dragon.

Evin

Original Poster
My dragon is about 13" long and hes about 5-6 months old I've been giving him supers 1 or 2 a day for past few weeks or so, he seems to love them a lot. I ran out of crix a day before yesterday and couldn't make it to the store yesterday so all I have is supers because all the stores are closed today :( So I've been giving him greens and 2-3 supers every few hours I hope hes not going to starve to death until tomm when stores will be open. Thanks for all the information!

Trogdor80

Hatchling Member
Evin":c98d0 said:
My dragon is about 13" long and hes about 5-6 months old I've been giving him supers 1 or 2 a day for past few weeks or so, he seems to love them a lot.

A couple of supers as a treat isn't gonna stop up your small beardie with shell the same way a staple diet of them would. Especially if your beardies staple is a shell free bug like butters,silkies,hornies, or phoenix

Evin

Original Poster
He had around 15 supers a day for past 2 days until i got him crickets, hes totally fine but thanks to all of you for help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheekypotato
Top Bottom