Darwin

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
His belly is getting bigger but he still loves to swim in his bath and walks around the living room every morning. He gets Serrepeptase daily but won't eat any bugs, so I'm giving him the mix I made up for Imp. That's all can be done. This is how he likes to sit in his tank:
11887-6818082044.jpg
Takes pressure off his belly. He's on borrowed time but I hope I have alots of that time with him.

I'm so glad Darwin is so full of energy!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Darwin has learned a new trick. It will make things a little more frustrating but I'm proud of him so I'll encourage it. After months of work he's found the spot on the swinging door to the kitchen where he can apply enough pressure to open it on his own. No more keeping him in the kitchen in the mornings I guess. I thought it was a fluke but he's repeated it several times now and goes to the same spot near the edge of the door and throws himself at it with as much pressure as he can and it swings open for him. I think it confuses him when non-swinging doors don't do the same thing.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Silly old hoomans. I have the things to see and the stuff to investigate. No time for doors (or walls, or barriers in general)!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I so enjoy hearing about his accomplishments, but this is a big one! Nothing will stand in his way of getting out of the kitchen every again :lol:

I can just see his face when other doors don't do that :mrgreen:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
It makes him easy to find. I just hear a thud. I watch him and he adjusts a bit further to the edge and *thud* then after a while he gives up and goes to another room and claws at a wall for a while.

Went to the vet this morning. He got a swab taken to do an ADV test. Fingers crossed on that. Also had blood drawn so we can see how his liver and kidneys are doing. Little guy got some extra bugs when we got back home.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
He was back to his old self in a hurry once we got back home and he got some extra bugs. I took a time lapse video of his typical routine moving between rooms investigating the stuff and checking on the things. He just returns to one of his basking spots and warms up for a bit then repeats for most of the day.

https://vimeo.com/192692498

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Darwin's tests came in today. He doesn't have ADV! which is a great relief. His uric acid is high (up around 11) but not alarming at this point and his heterophils were elevated which may indicate a chronic infection (or just stress from having his tail poked at with a needle...). We're just going to give him lots of extra hydration for a couple of weeks and re-test to see if it changes.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That's a good idea, I'm glad he got mostly good results. Keep me posted, he such a cute dragon :D So grateful that the ADV test was negative.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom