Darwin

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Still not much to report. He is maintaining weight between about 480-500g and still running around the house like a madman. He has started pancaking on the floor in the morning and scooting to the side to follow the sun rays across the floor just like Dundee did. Nice warm UVA. Maybe I'll mark the floor and create a big dragon sundial =). Had to leave him alone earlier than usual to go to work and he tore up his tank trying to get out. Grabbed a screen shot from his webcam showing sad Bugger looking out the window for his people.

76248-9269957826.jpg

http://darwin.hopto.org:2222/videostream.cgi?user=darwin&pwd=darwin

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
He's like mine when I go to work, get him at 9:30p, so can't leave one out for the day, on rotation. So they have to stay in their tanks and they are lonely, too. They're pleased I'm home on disability for awhile yet.

Awww, poor Darwin, he wants to tear around as he's used to. Guess there's no way you can keep him out while you're at work?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
He "patiently" waited for the hoomans for about 10 seconds before continuing to pace through his food bowl, dig up his carpet, and throw his salad and then kick the food bowl halfway across the tank lol. I wish I had a bigger tank for the poor guy but I don't think it would make much difference. Even when he has the whole house he glass surfs on the walls.

I could leave his basking lights on and just let him continue to free roam while I'm at work - the advantage to only having one - but I'd prefer to keep a casual eye on him when he's out and about to ensure he doesn't get into trouble. He gets LOTS of free roam time overall as I work from home quite a bit. He's just a spoiled little bugger now. Just as it should be. Makes me sad to think he was cooped up in a little fish tank for the first year of his life. He darts around like a 4 month old. You'd never guess he's coming up on 2yrs now.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm really glad he gets lots of outside time, it's important when they're energetic. He is an amazing dragon to still be so energetic at 2. Mine are, too, in the spring, but they're all sleeping or sleepy at this point.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Darwin did well while we were gone for a week. Our neighbors who usually care for him moved over the summer so one of our friends stopped in (every morning!) with his 3 year old daughter to hang out with him and feed him. He wasn't happy about having to be in his tank most of the day but he is healthy and well fed. Now time to get back to his spoiled routine =)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
It was odd being away from the forums for so long! I missed it. I'm addicted to this like most are to Facebook =). I had very limited internet access from Vietnam. Still readjusting to the time change although it made the "Fall back" last night feel like nothing. Got to see the sunset TWICE yesterday. Once in Tokyo and once in Minneapolis. That was pretty cool but made for an incredibly long Saturday. Still a bit foggy in the head so if I start giving odd/wrong/rambling advice for a bit please correct me :lol:

Yeah the kiddo seemed to get along with him after a while. Once she saw that he was friendly she started hand feeding him and they were buds. It's quite a relief to know we have someone we can rely on to give him good care since we travel a fair amount.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Darwin is still extremely energetic. Figured he would calm down by now, especially after the break in his routine while we were gone but no. I'll take it though. I know he won't be this energetic forever so I'll enjoy it while it lasts and give him as many adventures as I can. He crawled into the blinds again yesterday, excited about something he saw outside. Grabbed a photo of his head poking out looking up at the sky.
76248-3532747473.jpg

He has an appointment with the vet next week to have blood work and an ADV test done. I hope the results are normal but either way we'll get a baseline and know what we're dealing with.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm so glad he's energetic, he'll get lazy soon enough, glad you're enjoying him. He sure does get adventures.

Gabriel walked around the living room this am, so that was good to see. Haven't let Imp out, but he'll go to the ramp and the light blew out. So have to get another one this Fri when I get paid.

I guess he hasn't shown any sign of slowing down or brumating? I'm glad he hasn't. From the great picture you posted, he's gained weight well. He looks so healthy!

Hope all goes well at the vet.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
No signs of slowing down at all which is fine by me. How is Gabriel feeling? I'm glad to hear he got around a bit.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mysticsalten
Top Bottom