crix around the house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorrrrrr

my thorrrrrr eat alot of crix. and some of them getting away and run around my basement. anyway to kill those run-away crix.? at night....they make this sound....and its hard to sleep knowing that they might attack me xD

Alex52686

I read recently that sticky/glue tape around the floor along the walls works well. maybe for a big room a strong scented food they like in the middle of some sticky tape. Like a peeled orange maybe. Haven't actually done this but it could work :p

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
I live in an apartment, and they spray for bugs periodically. I don't know how often they come, but I can tell it works sometimes. The bug guy is really good about staying away from my animals and my cricket tank, apparently.. but occasionally I find dead little crickets along the walls in my bathrooms. I'm sure that is what got to them.. so maybe you can get some of the stuff the bug pros put down and just go around the walls in that particular room. If you get the same stuff, it doesn't smell, and it's harmless to other animals once it is dry (I've asked!!!).

I never have roaches (the one's you don't want) and I rarely find spiders or beetles (usually the cats find those, anyways) but I have also never had any adverse reaction inside my cricket tank or to any of my animals. So, it must be safe.

patrickb

Juvie Member
I think the sticky/glue traps would be the best bet. Oranges like mentioned above would attract starving crickets to the trap. Put a small wedge of orange in the middle and they should flock to it. If there are any other food/moisture sources reducing or eliminating them will help to lure them to the sticky trap.

And Jeff, as funny as that was, when camping outdoors, the crickets actually shutup at some point! :lol: Seems like a loose cricket in the house never shuts up. lol

LittleRob

Hatchling Member
I had one jump on me while i was sleeping didn't know what it was so kinda trapped it. Turned on bathroom light saw it was one of those little bstrds and flushed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom